Easy leveling pilot/engines/shields/Guns

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Donavan

Easy leveling pilot/engines/shields/Guns

Postby Donavan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 am

In the first quadrant you will often run into someone with a single shot laser and beam weapon.These will almost NEVER fire together. Normally when i run into these kind of enemies early on (that pose little to no threat with someone on shields) i will just AFK for a few minutes. When i come back and my man on engines and helm are maxed i will simple disable shields so ALL shots hit the ship. Laser hits shield goes down guy on shields brings it back up. In this way(if your lucky) you can max out 3 crewmen VERY early on.

In the same way if you have a weapon that fires say twice and an enemy with 2 or 3 shields that you have seen has no missiles or bombs you can do the same thing. Target with just the one weapon so their shields will recharge in between shots!
The best Sci Fi game Youtube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/NerdGuy1988
Donavan

Re: Easy leveling pilot/engines/shields/Guns

Postby Donavan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Just bumping this up so that more people can see. Great strat for new players wanting to make the game a little easier later on.
The best Sci Fi game Youtube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/NerdGuy1988