WT... getting mantis ship

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
meiam

WT... getting mantis ship

Postby meiam » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:14 pm

So I've been trying to get the mantis ship for the last 5 hour of this game, I only go as far as it's possible (if I go trough the home world or there no more red node I restart) and I just finally found it HUZZAH! I have a teleporter, med bay 2, I even have a small bomb! Everything great!

Expect the enemy med bay is invincible?! WTH is that!

I'm fine with the game being highly random to the point where in some case you're just dealt a losing hand from the get go. But flat out cheating for no reason and not even telling player?!
HelloLion

Re: WT... getting mantis ship

Postby HelloLion » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 am

Their medbay isn't invincible, I know because I disabled it to get the ship...
meiam

Postby meiam » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:30 am

Well I just tried again (I set it on easy, such a cake walk) and it wasn't invincible. So either I got a freak bug or that's just on normal
Harlequin78

Postby Harlequin78 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:07 am

I fought it on normal (didn't have lv2 medbay so no ship for me :( live and learn) and I killed it in a boarding action. So although I honestly don't remember I must have disabled the med bay as I would have been slaughtered otherwise.

Sounds like either a freak bug or just a case of missed small bomb? Was it not even turning yellow indicating damage to the system but not full disabling (red)?