Noob Questions

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Sutehk

Noob Questions

Postby Sutehk » Sat May 31, 2014 3:34 am

1) Does the Rebel fleet reset after each sector, or does leaving one sector early give you more time in the next one?

2) Does capturing enemy ships do something for you, other then defeating them?

3) How do you get a Damaged Stasis Pod repaired?

I think that is it for now, sorry I had to make a new topic, didn't really see a general question topic. Thanks!
5thHorseman

Re: Noob Questions

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat May 31, 2014 4:26 am

Sutehk wrote:1) Does the Rebel fleet reset after each sector, or does leaving one sector early give you more time in the next one?

You get no benefit from leaving early. The rebel fleet always takes the same amount of time in a new sector no matter what happened before. So linger!

Sutehk wrote:2) Does capturing enemy ships do something for you, other then defeating them?

You get better rewards and sometimes find crew. If it's a Slaver, you almost always get a new crew member for defeating them without destroying the ship. And you feel like a baws.

Sutehk wrote:3) How do you get a Damaged Stasis Pod repaired?

Zoltan sectors. Stumble on a research station. When you don't have a stasis pod, these are the places where you get stiff dough and scrap.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Iranon

Postby Iranon » Sat May 31, 2014 1:54 pm

Zoltan Research Stations also show up in Engi sectors.
Since you can obtain the pod in Pirate/Engi/Rock, Engi is the best thing to shoot for if you want that quest chain.
Sutehk

Postby Sutehk » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 am

Thanks for the answers!

One I forgot, although I think I know the answer, is there any way to upgrade the personal weapons / equipment used by the crew?
Sutehk

Postby Sutehk » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 am

And another one . . .

Does the rebel fleet only advance when you are jumping, i.e. does spending a bunch of time hanging around after a battle allow them to catch up more?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Sutehk wrote:Thanks for the answers!

No problem :)

Sutehk wrote:One I forgot, although I think I know the answer, is there any way to upgrade the personal weapons / equipment used by the crew?

There is not, other than the experience they gain from fighting and "upgrading" humans to mantises ;)

Sutehk wrote:Does the rebel fleet only advance when you are jumping, i.e. does spending a bunch of time hanging around after a battle allow them to catch up more?

It does not. They jump only when you jump, the exact same amount every time (Though of course they jump less when you're in nebulae and sometimes stop entirely or jump twice as far when you trigger certain events).
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."