if you are like me, and want to squeeze in a fast round of FTL whenever there's time, here is a good tip to save some time on the starting battles and on the "cleanup step" after combat.
First of all, get Cheat Engine (download from http://cheatengine.org/).
Open it up, and then follow these steps (pictures follow):
- Press the "Select Process" buttond and chose ftlgame.exe
- Mark the checkbox labelled "Enable Speed Hack"
- Go to Edit /Settings / Hotkeys
- Use the speedhack speed 1-5 entries, select a hotkey for each and a corresponding speed. I usually have F1 bound to 1x, F2 to 2x (for the boring starting battles) and F3 to 5x.
- Remember to use one hotkey for setting the speed back to 1x
There you go, I hope you find it useful.