An interesting, albeit bleak, situation

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Otto Weston

An interesting, albeit bleak, situation

Postby Otto Weston » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:51 pm

During an early fight using the Slug B type cruiser, I teleported two crew members over to the mantis ship. They teleported two members over to my ship and took out my teleporter, so I did the same on their ship. My two Slugs on the mantis ship killed all their crew and then took out weapons and engines. My one slug left on my cruiser died when he was forced to make a run to the O2 by the mantises on board.

So, we've switched ships, and both have no way to get back to the other ship... Thing is, what'll happen next? I believe they'll be running out of O2 on my ship at any second, but this situation is totally new to me.

Picture is attached, shows the entire situation. What do you think?
Otto Weston

Re: An interesting, albeit bleak, situation

Postby Otto Weston » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Oh haha, let it play out.

Apparently I used 'one of their shuttles' to travel back to my ship.

I was worried I had lost for a moment :D
Maya

Postby Maya » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:28 pm

there is nothing you can do, so just destroy their Oxygenroom before they die and get a Highscore or just end it by quitting the game^^

But it would be a funny feature to Overtake enemy ships by leaving the own ship back^^
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Wait, explain what happened.
Tajin

Postby Tajin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:55 am

I guess the enemy boarding crew asphyxiated, so the game figured he had won the fight and put his crew back on the ship. :lol:
cookie42

Postby cookie42 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 am

And your oxygen is taken out too, I don't think you can survive this... Definitely an interesting situation, and it's awesome that the devs included a failsafe for it too.
Mark Sandor

Postby Mark Sandor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 am

Just so every body notices who only reads the last comment: the situation resolved itself, enemy got suffocated and the friendly boarding team used 'one of their shuttles' to get to the main ship (which just AWESOME and shows that how well-thought this game is :D )
Coactum

Postby Coactum » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:05 pm

bye :(
Otto Weston

Postby Otto Weston » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Yep, I 'won' because the mantis boarders died from O2 loss xD

Then it sent my slugs back to my ship through 'one of their shuttles', I had to quickly fix O2 xD
kramari

Postby kramari » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:43 pm

This reminds me of a situation I was in. It appears that you lose if you lose your ship but your away team was on another ship. Too bad you can't just take over their ship and continue playing.