Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Number43

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby Number43 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 am

spacecadet13 wrote:sticking around in each sector to fight 309 ships is clearly a waste of time if you are looking to boost your score: you get 20 points for each ship, 10 points for each "previously unexplored" beacon (going back to a beacon or a beacon the rebels have captured doesn't add to your score) and 1 point for each point of scrap. Then the 1.25 multiplier comes in if you are playing on normal.

So, even on easy, 309 ships x 20 points would have been worth 6180 on its own, or 7725 on normal. As the total score was a bit over 6000, clearly it made no difference. Heck, coulda played 3 full games in the time this one game took!

Um, the score shown on that screenshot was for the session he just finished, the record of over 300 ships was from a different run where he got a much higher score.
aaOzymandias

Postby aaOzymandias » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:58 am

4773 or so was my best (unsure of the last digit). Crystal B cruiser. 4300 something with Mantis B. Both normal and with a victory. I had under 4000 with the torus and still won on normal (amazing ship).

I really like the crystal B ship, but I guess it is supposed to be rather good after all the time unlocking it. That lockdown ability the crystal dudes have has tremendous impact on my boarding party effectiveness.

I see some mention Rock B as very good, it never seems all that good to me, but I am gonna have to try it now :)
BKT

Postby BKT » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:37 am

Not bad for a non-boarding ship/playstyle (it's boring...) + no Scrap Recovery Arm ...

And yeah, Rock B is a nice ship! ;)
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum BKT.

That's not bad at all! :D 51 ships defeated is a lot, you went looking for stuff to blow up in every corner of every sector by the looks of it. Or you just went looking and trouble found you. Good run.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Killerko

Postby Killerko » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 am

My latest hiscore.. cleared the whole rebel fleet at sector 7 and a couple more ship in sector 6...

full run here: http://www.twitch.tv/killerkouk/b/342670546
the second half as the first one is where I finaly after so long unlocked the crystal ship and on my first run with it i got the score :-)

btw I don't think its exploiting if you farm the rebel fleet because there isn't infinite amount of ships in the fleet and you can only fight a rebel ship at each unique beacon only once.. so once you jump all over the rebel consumed beacons you have to get out or you will get stranded..

hmm now when I think about that what happens when you are out of fuel in rebel fleet and already beaten all ships at all the beacons? :D will it spawn another one for you? heh.. will have to test it :)
aaOzymandias

Postby aaOzymandias » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 am

This is mine:

http://i.imgur.com/mXEPP.jpg

last runs, also victory on normal only ended with around 3800 in score :)
T-hawk

Postby T-hawk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:21 am

BKT wrote:Not bad for a non-boarding ship/playstyle (it's boring...) + no Scrap Recovery Arm ...

The bonus granted by a Scrap Recovery Arm does not figure into the end-of-game stats for scrap collected or for score. It uses only the base scrap before adding the 10%. I tested this. (Just restart until you find a store with the Arm, fight one battle, then quit and look at the numbers, which will include only the base scrap and not the bonus.)

Killerko wrote:btw I don't think its exploiting if you farm the rebel fleet because there isn't infinite amount of ships in the fleet and you can only fight a rebel ship at each unique beacon only once.. so once you jump all over the rebel consumed beacons you have to get out or you will get stranded..

hmm now when I think about that what happens when you are out of fuel in rebel fleet and already beaten all ships at all the beacons? :D will it spawn another one for you? heh.. will have to test it :)

There's two ways around this, to keep getting unlimited Rebel ships. One, you can jump around until you run out of fuel, then wait and you will get a ship to fight. Two, quitting the game then resuming will repopulate all the rebel beacons. The second is faster in real time so I did it that way.
BKT

Postby BKT » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 am

Managed to topped my old one, which I honestly believe was just a fluke and won't going to happen again...

Normal playthrough, no rebel farming.

Boarding drone is so fun to use! :lol: Too bad it's really rare to find apart from the one that came with that boring ship... :|
Number43

Postby Number43 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 am

I just played a run as the ship that starts with a boarding drone, and I got a second boarding drone during it. I also got a healing burst and 4 extra crew, including 2 more mantis, before finishing sector 1. I later got a second healing burst, a hermes missile, a pegasus missile, a halberd beam, a pike beam, a heavy laser 1, a hull laser 1, an anti ship drone 1, an anti ship drone 2, and a bunch more extra crew including a slug and 2 zoltans. The run was going so well until I ran out of hp and died.

It was kind of nerve biting at times before I got any other weapons besides the healing burst and the anti-ship drone 1, and I faced shielded automated ships with isolated rooms where the boarding drone hit the engine or pilot, and I had to use boarders to take down the enemy shields, but in order for them to last long enough for the teleporter to recharge I had to use the healing burst on them.
BKT

Postby BKT » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 am

That's weird... Encountered so many ships, most of them were strangely weak, and somehow got a truck load of scraps, yet I didn't explored that much beacons! :?

Normal playthrough