Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
BKT

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby BKT » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 am

5470 with Vortex. No telepad/cloak. This is my first time I actually try to play it seriously; funny how I never got score this high with Engi_A which I played it many time before...

I didn't win, though... I miscalculated the amount of damage needed in order to put the boss's shield down— too many bombs and too few guns (which I did have a very good set of it) ... Ran out of missile, jumped away, facepalm... :x

That was really stupid... Lesson learned. :ugeek:
qaz

Postby qaz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 am

6428 on easy.
Basic ship - Kestrel Cruiser (I am most comfortable with it, since I played it the most).
For weapons and other details details, see screenshot
http://i45.tinypic.com/24qoh3c.png
Szczypior

Postby Szczypior » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:28 pm

I don't know if it's right place to ask for it, but is it possible to reset high-score list? I used mods before, and I'd like to reset them to get proper, vanilla ones :)

Also, my only finished as of yet game was with Kestrel Cruiser named "Another Fail" with 4288 on easy :D I've got higher scores than that, but they are with 'no pursuit' mod so it doesn't count really.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Only by deleting the prof.sav file from .../MyDocuments/MyGames/FasterThanLight. This will also erase all unlocked ships and achievements. You should make a copy of this file if you plan on deleting it, just in case you want to go back to having your old profile back.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Szczypior

Postby Szczypior » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Only by deleting the prof.sav file from .../MyDocuments/MyGames/FasterThanLight. This will also erase all unlocked ships and achievements. You should make a copy of this file if you plan on deleting it, just in case you want to go back to having your old profile back.

I'd rather stick with this 'moded' scores than lose my unlocked ships and achievements :x Maybe I'll try to hex edit it..
boa13

Postby boa13 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

There is a profile editor that allows you to select the ships (and maybe also achievements) you want to unlock. This way, you can clear your scores and "restore" your ships.

Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2877
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Szczypior

Postby Szczypior » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:19 pm

boa13 wrote:There is a profile editor that allows you to select the ships (and maybe also achievements) you want to unlock. This way, you can clear your scores and "restore" your ships.

Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2877

Thanks a lot! I wiped all my scoreboard and enabled ships I unlocked before (and I unlocked 3 today! :D). I hope noone considers this as a cheating, and at least my conscience is clean :) It's awesome game! Thanks again kind sir!
Snake7

Postby Snake7 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Can someone beat this?
BKT

Postby BKT » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:23 pm

6350 with Rock_B ... Woah, I beat my old highscore (using a boarding strat)— without the telepad! :o

The 1st phase went smoother than I expected, which is nice. But made some stupid mistake on 2nd phase boss; forgot to cancel the auto-fire on the firebomb and ended up killing the green laser guy without even noticing it... The 3rd phase boss become somewhat more entertaining to fight as a result— MISS MISS MISS! :lol:
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:59 am

I just pulled off this victory with Rock Cruiser Type B

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882 ... sizedimage

I think its the most scrap I've ever had. I had over 800 scrap that I couldn't spend.

I had 4 rockmen, who were the boarding party, and 4 engies, who controled and repaired the ship. Early on, I got lucky and got fast upgrades. I was boarding enemy ships, I held the weapon room with my rockmen and then used the fire bomb on it. the fire burns up the system while my rockmen keep them from putting the fire out. Its a very effective strategy. I believe I has level 4 shields and almost maxed engines by the end of sector 5. Everything after that was played carefully plotting paths to visit the most sectors possible, and even backtracking through the rebel fleet to get to the exit.

I had Fire bomb, Piercing laser, burtlaser 2, and a hull beam. And I had a preigniter. My strategy was to turn all 4 weapons on and mass fire everything at once to soften up the enemy. then I turn everything off except the fire bomb and put all of my power into shields and engines while my boarding party destroyed from within.

At the boss, I boarded the missile room and took it out with boarders. then I waited for just after a cloak and firebombed the cloak room, then teleported all 4 rockmen(two at a time) into the cloak room on the boss ship. The fire destroyed the cloak while my guys prevented them from putting out the fires. Afterwards, it was pretty easy mop up. I fire bomb the medbay and put all 4 rockmen there until it was dead, all the while the fire is spreading throughout the ship.

Everything was going good, I only had about 30% hull damage from the first two phases.
But I ran some serious trouble in the third phase.
I took 2 missile hits in the shield room right before the super laser fired. I sent 2 engies to go fix it, but I took a lot of damage. I ended up barely winning with just 4 Hull left.