Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Neoviper

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby Neoviper » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:09 am

Not sure how people are getting 7000+ scores, these are from my most exceptional runs so far. Although I don't typically hang around in sectors after the fleet gets to the exit, so I might be missing out on a few beacons each sector. I have become fond of farming the last sector though, the scrap you get is astronomical.

Conversely, this has been my lowest scoring normal victory I believe. Stealth ship is pretty good for that as you don't have to fight many things you don't want to due to the cloak and tons of engines letting you jump away quickly. I think I'd had some mantis, but lost them stupidly letting the ship jump away with them or something.
ManDude

Postby ManDude » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 am

I wasted all the rebel elites in each sector. I went through 4 nebula sectors but unfortunately the rebels were prepared for everyone of them. I had 2x scrap recovery arm and the weapon pre-igniter with 2x defense and 2x anti-ship drones(which i used to fight the 2nd and 3rd boss). I killed the boss in about 3-4 mins without any hull damage lol. I think it's definately possible to crack 12k because I was 6 explored beacons short of my record run.
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:17 pm

ManDude wrote:I wasted all the rebel elites in each sector.

How can you defeat 234 ships when you have only visited 116 beacons? There's usually less ships than for beacons because of events or the occasional empty dot. From what you say (and some quick math) I get that you did a backtrack in each sector and visited every possible beacon one more time as soon as it was overrun by the Rebels in order to exterminate every single elite in their ranks.

Even with the Pre-Igniter it seems quite tedious, but it makes you the boss!
kilnborn

Postby kilnborn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am

greetingsfromoslo wrote:

How can you defeat 234 ships when you have only visited 116 beacons? There's usually less ships than for beacons because of events or the occasional empty dot. From what you say (and some quick math) I get that you did a backtrack in each sector and visited every possible beacon one more time as soon as it was overrun by the Rebels in order to exterminate every single elite in their ranks.

He cheated, with mods. No biggy. The crime here is that he posted his cheater score as if it's a real one. There are people out there that will do anything for attention, and you've located one. Good call!
ManDude

Postby ManDude » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm

greetingsfromoslo wrote:

You don't get credit for an explored beacon when backtracking against the rebels. The pre-igniter is not even necessary to fight the Elites, but will make your run alot less time consuming. It's not needed to beat a whole sector of Elites while taking little to no damage. When you're fighting Elites you know what to expect and you get into a rythem. With the Crystal-B it's actually quite simple:

1. Immediately tele to their weapons bay and lock it down before any crew get there.

2. With pre-igniter you can immediately fire a volley in their med bay. What makes this really easy is that when you tele in the weapons bay, most of their crew funnel into the medbay adjacent to the weapons bay. They will take critical damage from the gun fire and will continue to fire at the door instead of repair. If you breach the room or set it on fire you can sometimes win very soon after this point as the rebels will continue to fight the invulnerable lock down door to their deaths.

3. Continue to lock down the weapons room without letting crew get in(1-2 more times).

4. By the time they're ready to fire most of their weapons will be offline and just cloak any shot they get off.

5. Fire again into the medbay to finish off any injured rebels. You will also win here many times having killed all the rebels with gunfire.

6. The remaining 1-2 injured rebels walk into the weapons bay and get wasted immediately.

The pre-igniter is useful because you get 2 weapon volleys to take down the medbay/damage crew before using your last lockdown. But it isn't absolutely neccesary to do that. You can kill the rebels without firing a shot if you wanted to by locking down the weapons and then locking them out of the medbay to fight you without running away to heal. That's very time consuming however, so it's nice to damage/kill the crew as much as you can with your weapons.

Most of the elites will have teleports but won't use them if you teleport onto their ship. Sector 7 is different, however, as they will almost always teleport 2 crew onto your ship. By then I had lvl 3 doors, my ship already half vented out, and an anti-personnel drone for distraction.

kilnborn wrote:He cheated, with mods. No biggy. The crime here is that he posted his cheater score as if it's a real one. There are people out there that will do anything for attention, and you've located one. Good call!

Hah! I've run into many small minded folks like you for years in many games. Alyways so quick to jump to conclusions. When you don't understand something you quickly write it off as in "wrong", "not legit", "bad", "a cheat", etc. "This can't be cause I said so! Waaahhhhhh... and I'm never wrong. Meeeaaaahhhhh!"
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:02 pm

ManDude wrote:
kilnborn wrote:
greetingsfromoslo wrote:How can you defeat 234 ships when you have only visited 116 beacons?

He cheated, with mods. No biggy. The crime here is that he posted his cheater score as if it's a real one. There are people out there that will do anything for attention, and you've located one. Good call!

I wasted all the rebel elites in each sector.

I made a small rearrangement of the quotes to show that he had already provided us with the answer.

He's an exploiter, not a cheater. His process is legit, but tedious. Initially unbelievable, the score is very real.

Conclusion: Forget the flagship - he's the boss!
kilnborn

Postby kilnborn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:55 am

Hah! I've run into many small minded folks like you for years in many games. Alyways so quick to jump to conclusions. When you don't understand something you quickly write it off as in "wrong", "not legit", "bad", "a cheat", etc. "This can't be cause I said so! Waaahhhhhh... and I'm never wrong. Meeeaaaahhhhh!"

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. Well done!
einarcf

Postby einarcf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 am

How funny,Boof survived 289 jumps. Its a difference between most beacons explored and jumps :roll:
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:32 pm

einarcf wrote:How funny,Boof survived 289 jumps. Its a difference between most beacons explored and jumps :roll:

You must make a jump to go from beacon to beacon, but you only explore a beacon once. You could however revisit a beacon, and that costs you a jump, but the visit is not counted as an exploration (you already know what's there!). These two stats usually doesn't match because every now and then you need to backtrack; when you fight the Flagship; when you want to buy that Pre-igniter you couldn't afford on the first visit to the Store; when you feel like fighting every single Rebel Elite in every single sector of the entire run.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 am

I did beat 5000 with the crystal B
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?