Kestrel B Firetail Sector 8 Loadout

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
evoblade

Kestrel B Firetail Sector 8 Loadout

Postby evoblade » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:53 am

Here's where I am now. At Sector 8 with Burst Laser II and III useable and Pegasus, Small Bomb, Heavy Laser, and Hull Missile Available. Should I swap any of my weapons? Any suggested strategies.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/y1SrQ
evoblade

Re: Kestrel B Firetail Sector 8 Loadout

Postby evoblade » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:36 am

Welp, nevermind. Did it, switched between bombs/missiles and lasers as necessary (with some hot boarding party action thrown in for good measure). It was fun.
The Dwarf

Postby The Dwarf » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:52 pm

You did not need switch between weapons.
Those burst laser were enough to shoot 8 blasts, 4 for the schields and 4 to wreck havoc. Those laser-heavy strategies allways work for the flagship.
Pegasus missile are useless for the 2nd round, against the bots, the most difficult one IMO. Small bomb however could prove handy.

I allways upgrade piloting, most often in sector 1 : I don't want a bad hit to turn my ship into a sitting duck.
hybridfive

Postby hybridfive » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:27 pm

You were always going to win that game. If you have 3 shields, cloak, teleporter, and enough crew to teleport, it's very hard to lose.

One thing I'm curious about. What happened to your gunner? Usually you don't see a 0 level gunner on a Redtail. Is there a story there?
evoblade

Postby evoblade » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:25 am

IIRC, I needed another Zoltan to be a generator, so the puny human got booted.

Probably true that I was gonna win, but I'm new, so I didnt want to mess up my chance since you can't reload without copying files and whatnot (kind of cheating in this game).