The Unidentified Cruiser guide (SPOILER)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
ZOZO9000

The Unidentified Cruiser guide (SPOILER)

Postby ZOZO9000 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Currently no screenshots sorry :(

From this point on there shall be spoilers!

The Unidentified Cruiser's actual name is the Crystal Cruiser.
It starts of with a crystal burst mark I and a heavy crystal mark I
Crystal burst requires two power, has a charge time of fifteen seconds, deals one damage per shot, fires two shots, has a shield piercing of one and has low breach chance.
The heavy crystal requires one power, has a charge time of thirteen seconds, deals two damage per shot, fires one shot, has a shield piercing of one and has low breach chance.
(Both of these are amazing for earlier sectors but if you only have these two as your only offense and your against a ship with three+ shields... Run.)
It also starts with the crystal vengeance augment, which has a 10% chance to break a shard of that flies at your enemy whenever you take damage. It deals around 1-2 damage.
You also start of with two Humans (meh) and two Crystals (not joking.)
The layout of the ship is pretty fine, with an airlock near engines, shields, oxygen and piloting and another separating the med-bay, weapons and doors from everything else.

To unlock this magnificent ship there is a random event where you will be given an option of to select either a weapon with some scrap (random weapon) or a pod. Chose the pod (it will be put into augments by the way) Later, at another random event, there is a choice for you and your crew to be experimented on, to ignore the whole affair, or, the blue option, for them to test the pod. Let them test the pod, and a Crystal member will not only join your crew, he will ask you to go to the Rock Homeworlds (red sector.) At the homeworlds, a quest marker will be set (not sure if it will always happen) head to the quest marker, select the blue option (involving your Crystal buddy) and you will be sent to the Crystal homeworlds. Head to the quest marker at one of the nodes and voila! You have your new ship!
Notes!
This is my first post and i was writing this at around quarter to one.
You may not believe this post because there are no screenshots, it was rushed and unprofessional because i was tired and on a time limit and because you may think i am just a troll... These are all reasonable, however, if someone can tell me how to take a screenshot on FTS, i will take a screenshot of type A and type B of the the Crystal ship, and either edit them into this post (if i can) or create a new, more professional post with the screenshots :)
Anyways i hoped this helped!
rynti

Re: The Unidentified Cruiser guide (SPOILER)

Postby rynti » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 am

Pics or it didn't happen...

Use e.g. Droplr to create a screenshot.

EDIT: Okay, seems to be legit.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59697 ... 11F82428D/
http://i.imgur.com/AeVlX.jpg
(Source: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=779&start=50#p7536)
Trollcake

Postby Trollcake » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:45 pm

I have a screenshot in my Steam screenshots of the B variant. It is pretty much the same apart from it doesnt have the crystal weaponary and it has a teleporter and cloak. Check it out on my profile : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027829276
Scimatth7

Postby Scimatth7 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Yep, this is legit. For a minute there I thought I was the first to find it :P

Now to unlock that second variant...4 pad teleporter with cloaking? Yes please!
BigD145

Postby BigD145 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:15 pm

The problem is getting the quests in the right order. Getting the crystal dude is easy. Having Rock Homeworld after that is the problem. I passed Rock Homeworld before getting pod or crystal dude.