Help me figure out how the score is calculated!

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Schmee001

Help me figure out how the score is calculated!

Postby Schmee001 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi all,
I was checking the statistics for my most recent run, and I was curious as to why my score was so low (for a fairly successful victory), which got me thinking about how the score is calculated. First off, if someone *does* know the equation, then I suppose this thread will be fairly short. But if not, please show your total score for your most recent playthrough, along with the ships destroyed, beacons visited, scrap collected and crew hired stats (which you can see if you click 'stats' when you die or win). If we get enough data, I'm sure the answer will be easy enough to find.

So, to begin:
Score 4228, 35 ships defeated, 97 beacons visited, 1713 scrap collected, 12 crew hired.
spacecadet13

Re: Help me figure out how the score is calculated!

Postby spacecadet13 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:39 pm

20 points for each ship, 10 for each beacon and 1 point for each scrap collected. Multiplied by 1.25 if on Normal.

Best scores usually come from games where you've been able to board from early on; you generally get better scrap and 'random' rewards from taking enemy ships whole then from destroying them. Hope this helps and good luck!
Schmee001

Re: Help me figure out how the score is calculated!

Postby Schmee001 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:09 am

... I'm almost a little disappointed. If I had four results I think I could have figured it out myself...
Oh well. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!