[Spoiler] FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor v27 (2018-01-12)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Vhati

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v12 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Vhati » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 am

Draws wrote:Ok quick question, how exactly do I modify the saved game values directly? I want to modify my fuel in a saved game, I've dumped the save game data from FLT into a notepad, made the changes, I'm just lost on how to actually get it to come back into the game?

"Dump" is for informational purposes only.
Under the "Player Ship" tab, at the bottom, there's a "General" button.

Click that to edit the ship's name, hull, fuel, drone parts, missiles, and scrap.
Apply changes, then click "save" at the top, replace continue.sav, and play the game.

Fuel_Editing.png
Draws

Postby Draws » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:39 am

Ah I see, must be going blind in my old age. Thanks a lot.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 am

v12 Bug Warning:
The editor will crash as it writes a saved game in which a store had been visited that sector.
When that happens, the saved game will be corrupted.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Other situations are unaffected by this bug.
Vhati

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v13 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Vhati » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:41 pm

v13 has been released:
The aforementioned visited-a-store corruption bug is fixed.
Added SectorMap editing: Store, Quest, and Beacon (partial).
Added automated finding of data.dat on Linux-Steam, and possibly OSX.

If that fails, OSX users should be able to select FTL.app now without messing with aliasing or config file editing.

If someone were to edit the config file, it now stores the path to the resources folder.

Code: Select all

ftlDatsPath=E\:\\Games\\FasterThanLight\\resources
(previously ftlPath, the install dir of the game itself)
Xirema

Postby Xirema » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Is there no way to modify a ship's cargo, currently, or am I just missing something obvious?

Awesome work on the editor, BTW. One of the best I've seen, for this or any other game.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 am

Xirema wrote:Is there no way to modify a ship's cargo, currently, or am I just missing something obvious?
Oops. I'll add that in the next release.
I procrastinated, rationalizing that cargo was redundant when you can equip everything, but I forgot about stockpiling alternate items.

Xirema wrote:Awesome work on the editor, BTW. One of the best I've seen, for this or any other game.
And your feedback made it a little better. :)
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:57 pm

v14 has been released:
The general tab now includes fields for cargo, the hidden sector, and rebel flagship position.
All beacon fields are editable under the sector map tab (visited/backgrounds, ship events, etc).

The unknown field in visited beacons (previously seen in dumps) became bkg sprite rotation (e.g., planets).
Sector and flagship-related comments in the SavedGameParser class have improved.
Deploid

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v14 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Deploid » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:59 pm

I have tried pretty much every version of your program and yet every time it just says "A java Exception has occurred." :?: i know i have up to date java(1.7.0_05) and when i run it like "java -jar FTLProfileEditor-v14.jar it says it can't access it? im pretty sure this happed to some other people on diffrent programs and i hope you can help.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:47 am

Deploid wrote:I have tried pretty much every version of your program and yet every time it just says "A java Exception has occurred." :?:
To fix it, I need to know what the exception (error) was.
When you run the jar, there should be "ftl-profile-editor.log" file created in the same folder.
Open that in a text editor and copy/paste, or just add it as an attachment in a reply here.
(As you're composing the reply, attachment stuff iis below the preview/submit buttons.)

Also mention what version of FTL you're using.

Deploid wrote:when i run it like "java -jar FTLProfileEditor-v14.jar it says it can't access it?
This might be a separate problem, but I'll need the exact error message in any case.
shrimpcrab

Postby shrimpcrab » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:32 pm

The version of FTL I am using is the Windows v.1.03.1

When I run the editor, it seems to work but no profile can be selected (with or without a saved game).

When I click open and select my data.dat an error box appears:

Error reading profile:
Initial int (assumed to be file format version) not expected value: 2181

If I simply try to edit the blank profile anyway, when I save it, the new data.dat is very small, smaller than 1kb (I was going to attach it but .dat, .txt, .log, and no extension aren't allowed, so I'm not sure which kind of attachments are allowed in this forum).

Using this new data.dat, when I run the game, when it finishes loading an error box appears and the game is closed.
The error message is as follows:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion failed!

Program: C:\Arquivos de programas\FTL\FTLgame.exe
File: src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp
Line:1383

Expression: text

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

The ftl-profile-editor.log:

11:08:05.825 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Windows XP 5.1 x86
11:08:05.825 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 1.7.0_09
11:08:05.888 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Using FTL dats path from config: C:\Arquivos de programas\FTL\resources
11:08:05.950 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading Achievements...
11:08:05.950 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/achievements.xml'
11:08:06.075 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading Blueprints...
11:08:06.075 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/blueprints.xml'
11:08:06.403 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/autoBlueprints.xml'
11:08:06.497 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading Events...
11:08:06.497 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events.xml'
11:08:06.560 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/newEvents.xml'
11:08:06.560 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_crystal.xml'
11:08:06.794 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_engi.xml'
11:08:06.935 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_mantis.xml'
11:08:07.044 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_rock.xml'
11:08:07.060 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_slug.xml'
11:08:07.075 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_zoltan.xml'
11:08:07.091 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_nebula.xml'
11:08:07.106 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_pirate.xml'
11:08:07.106 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_rebel.xml'
11:08:07.122 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/nameEvents.xml'
11:08:07.122 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_fuel.xml'
11:08:07.138 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_boss.xml'
11:08:07.153 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading Crew Names...
11:08:07.153 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/names.xml'
11:08:07.153 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading Ship Events...
11:08:07.153 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_ships.xml'
11:08:07.185 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading Background Image Lists...
11:08:07.185 [main] DEBUG net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Reading 'data/events_imageList.xml'
11:08:07.185 [main] INFO  net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager - Finished reading game resources.

EDIT:
Oh lol now I feel stupid. I only realised after reading some random post that you're supposed to open the prof.sav to edit profiles, which is located in /MyDocuments/MyGames/Faster Than Light. Everything worked perfectly.

So nvm all that I said in my post. But I would recommend editing the original post in this thread to warn the location of the actual profile file, which I thought was the same thing as the data.dat.