The Vortex[tips]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
TheDreadedPirateTuco

Re: The Vortex[tips]

Postby TheDreadedPirateTuco » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Most to all of my play throughs are less than 4k score
Does that mean i rarely ever get more than 1000 scrap?
Arthur Dent

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 am

Not necessarily. Alternatively, It could mean that you rarely ever play in hard mode...
TheSinfulGamer

Postby TheSinfulGamer » Tue May 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Idk why yall are saying its the worst ship in the game, got three crew members in the first sector alone ontop of 2 shields and lvl 3 engines, :roll:
hemanthr417

Postby hemanthr417 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:07 am

The automated group tragically does not have the dynamic I can do, yet at the same time, I figure out how to get to the furthest limit of stage 3 on the manager the previous evening on ordinary with it. The supervisor sent a piece an excessive number of people against me in a boarding party and my shields fizzled since the engi I had didn't battle well. The manager had like 1 more volley from my burst laser III to go down (joined with my two enemies of boat drones) so it was truly close :)
ladygagaesputa

Postby ladygagaesputa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:28 pm

I still think that picking up a few extra crew and better weapons would be mandatory.

Postby akshi » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:51 am

Darkelve wrote:In my humble opinion, this ship would be better with a couple of changes:

- boarders cannot teleport directly into the helm room.
- you get to pick where the anti-personnel spawns, OR it spawns in the room next to the helm room chatIw

This way you could employ a strategy like the following:
- open all airlocks and doors, except for the helm room ome Tv
- when boarded, activate an anti-personnel drone. The lack of oxygen should help even out the fight.

And perhaps for boarding, you could have a boarding drone+heal bomb? Not sure if heal bomb heals your drones as well.

E.g. something like:
Ion Weapon - Ion Weapon - Heal Bomb
System repair bot - Antipersonel - Defense Drone Mark II

Although I suppose you would never be able to defeat the flagship with this.

The idea of a robotic ship with a 1-man crew is very interesting, but I don't know if it's possible to actually beat the game with such a strategy.

I have tried this, this makes it awesome.
Really thanks a lot for this one.
RevenJa

Postby RevenJa » Mon May 10, 2021 5:49 am

The robotic package, unfortunately, does not have great things to do, but at the same time I find an approach to reach the most extreme stage 3 in the chair the day before. The supervisor sent an article to an irrational number of people against me at a boarding party and my shields were torn because my engine was not working. The leader still had 1 flash from my laser on Burst III to go down (he got along well with my two enemy drones), so he was very close.chatiw bazoocam