Indivisible

Talk about cool new indie games, Kickstarters, bundles, etc.
Hubnester

Indivisible

Postby Hubnester » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:16 am

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indi ... -mac-linux

A new 2D RPG from the creators of hit* fighting game Skullgirls!

Prototype available here! The indiegogo fundraiser needs $1.5M and ends in less than a month, so go throw your money at your screen and fund a super great game*! if not lab zero is stated to die but who cares about that :|

Seriously, I'd fund this if I could, but I'm super broke. And I also had to resist the urge to post this in all caps.

What are you waiting for?!

*YMMV
Sleeper Service

Re: Indivisible

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:29 am

I gawd, the animations for Skullgirls where so amazing! I'd wanted to back this but it doesn't accept my paypall for some reason. :(

Also It appears the project was getting a lot of trash-talk because of the amount of money they need and the already completed prototype. Mike Zaimont made a video on the topic where he addressed those concerns. I found that gave some great insight into their studio policies. They are super transparent about their work. I think they will build an amazing game and are well worth backing.
Hubnester

Re: Indivisible

Postby Hubnester » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Wait, people are questioning the amount of money needed for the crowdfunding again? Jesus christ, they already tackled this in the funding for the first SG DLC (Squigly). People were questioning that it was $150K, nevermind the fact that they put a pie chart showing the exact expenses already (not counting the fact that it was already halfway done)! This is a different case, since it's more or less 3/4 of the game, but c'mon people, don't you have a sense of scale?

Incidentally, there was a video made before during Skullgirls' crowdfunding talking about the costs, made by some of the VAs IIRC.

(And for the record, Skullgirls actually holds the record for most animation frames in a fighting game!)