Space Pirates And Zombies

Talk about cool new indie games, Kickstarters, bundles, etc.
Vigilant

Space Pirates And Zombies

Postby Vigilant » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Anyone here who tried S.P.A.Z.?
Sai Crimson

Re: Space Pirates And Zombies

Postby Sai Crimson » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Not yet, but I'll be buying the current Humble Bundle, which includes it.

Is it any fun?
---
~ Sincerely Yours, Rev. Edward
E PLURIBUS DUDEINUM
Donavan

Postby Donavan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Its awesome. However the games difficultly is odd. It starts hard when you only have this horrible little ship. You get better upgrades and get the best for were you are and its REALLY easy. Then you hit the next chapter and it starts again being hard. Then best items and easy again ect. ect. ect. I Don't remember which ship i had but it was decked out with like 10 missile launchers, 5 of the best cannons you can get, best armor, best "experimental" reactor, best engines and I stopped playing because every level was the same. Start level, hold down fire, wait for dots on map to disappear to a hail of missiles . Any that made it past lasted a VERY short time against the cannons. But i would give the game a 4.5/5 for MOST of the game 3.5/5 once you hit the end game. Unless they have updated it since i last played its to repetitive(end game i mean).
The best Sci Fi game Youtube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/NerdGuy1988
Vigilant

Postby Vigilant » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:11 am

Thats a most common problem of these games today. It seems to be hard, to create a linear progression on full game time, from beginning to the end without to much grinding or repetition.

I guess a random generated based item system (e.g. like in Diablo, Borderlands or similar games) with a balanced linear progression would give these games a great kick.

But besides this and in view of the low price S.P.A.Z. is a enjoyable game with decent depth and a good sense of humor.
Spazticus

Postby Spazticus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 am

I bought it the day after it became available on Impulse, and I was fortunate enough to participate in some closed beta testing for it (just before it went up on Steam) as well. :D
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:29 pm

I was lucky enough to beta-test it during open beta, shortly after TotalBiscuit (who also voice acts as the narrator ;) )did his "WTF is" video of it. Although I only had access to a small chunk of gameplay, the stuff I did have was really fun! I thoroughly recommend the game, although I know little about the end game. It is fun to get your little team together and command them around, shame it is in full release now though, I can't play anymore - I only really get to beta-test stuff as I have £0.00 budget.
icepick

Postby icepick » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:05 pm

I recommend it. It's a lot of fun. I never finished it, though. Starfarer stole my heart away from it, haha.
Donavan

Postby Donavan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:21 pm

If anyone is wanting to see game play for it I am doing a play through of it that I am uploading to Youtube. Link to my youtube channel in my sig.
The best Sci Fi game Youtube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/NerdGuy1988
POM_Fenris

Postby POM_Fenris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Donavan wrote:If anyone is wanting to see game play for it I am doing a play through of it that I am uploading to Youtube. Link to my youtube channel in my sig.

I will be starting my own YouTube channel soon, and SPAZ probably won't be a long running series. There's not a lot of replay value, bugs, randomness or depth to the game to allow it to last as a long LP.