Blendo Games

Talk about cool new indie games, Kickstarters, bundles, etc.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Blendo Games

Postby Matthew » Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 am

I've played a bit of Flotilla, and more Atom Zombie Smasher. Both fun games. My only complaint with Flotilla you guys already pointed out, it just ends. I have to assume the balance for the game just didn't work late game.

I'd put Flotilla into the same genre as FTL, along with Weird Worlds. And both were substantial influences if only in their core structure and something we could point to and say "see, this concept kind of works, let's run with it."

-Matt
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Maze1125

Postby Maze1125 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 pm

I love AZS.
Flotilla I loved the concept but found each game to be far too short. When I first heard of FTL I immediately hoped it would be a more awesome version of Flotilla (and it seems to be holding up to that pretty well :-)).

Warbird wrote:....apart from being in space and extremely tactical, they don't have too much in common.

I feel that depends on what you see as the most important part of the two games.
If you see the most important part as the combat, then they are very dissimilar.
If, on the other hand, you see the most important part as exploring random encounters in space and building, or losing, strength as a result of those encounters, then the two are very similar (with FTL being more complex and less "wacky").
chanman

Postby chanman » Fri May 25, 2012 1:18 am

I would argue that FTL and Flotilla puts the player in control at different points. In Flotilla, the player is in absolute control in combat. However, the player has little choice in fleet make up and other strategic decision except in a 'choose your own adventure' random encounter fashion.

In FTL, tactical combat is extremely unpredictable as lucky hits and misses abound. However, the player has lots of control over how they are equipped and prepared in between encounters.
AdinWilliam

Postby AdinWilliam » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 am

I am not a big fan of Blendo Games. But i have played this game. This game is not so interesting game.