Universe Project - Most ambitious game

Talk about cool new indie games, Kickstarters, bundles, etc.
Neverpraying Mantis

Re: Universe Project - Most ambitious game

Postby Neverpraying Mantis » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:40 am

Well if they didn't charge full price but maybe half I'd actually consider it but why on earth would I take my chances if afterwards it costs just as much?

That just incentivices me to wait and see if it turns out any good, if so THEN I can spend my money. If I take a risk on a game I expect to get it at least somewhat cheaper but this way I will just wait it out.
filip15100

Postby filip15100 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Neverpraying Mantis wrote:Well if they didn't charge full price but maybe half I'd actually consider it but why on earth would I take my chances if afterwards it costs just as much?

That just incentivices me to wait and see if it turns out any good, if so THEN I can spend my money. If I take a risk on a game I expect to get it at least somewhat cheaper but this way I will just wait it out.

Hey mantis, I will actually upgrade my account to bronze pretty soon, so you can get one beta key fom me if you want. I do not wish anything in return except you as a friend in-game.
Neverpraying Mantis

Postby Neverpraying Mantis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

Hehe, sure man thanks :D

But as I said I hope the other guy (he's a KAG player) gives me a beta key but thanks for the offer, but we can try to settle near each other either way, no problem.
filip15100

Postby filip15100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:04 pm

PM me when you get the beta key, or if you don't then I'll give you mine.
Neverpraying Mantis

Postby Neverpraying Mantis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Sure thing. When is the beta start scheduled, do you know by any chance?
filip15100

Postby filip15100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Neverpraying Mantis wrote:Sure thing. When is the beta start scheduled, do you know by any chance?

The beta will start by the end of this month, this is mainly because the kickstarter failed as it was supposed to start at the 7th of january I think.
Nile_LTR

Postby Nile_LTR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

I think this is very interesting, but the problem is until we are able to create a program that allows us to create our choice rather than picking a choice from a choice/skill tree, something like this would be rather limiting. No matter what there will be a set way to create say a house, maybe there's two different ways but its still a limited by what them creators decide to add, and you can only spend so much time making different ways to create houses when you have to build the rest of the world, and this applies to everything else in this world. This is my big problem with this, and I think there would be far too many other limiting factors that would prevent the game from reaching this goal of a parallel universe, not limited to our selves. the people playing the game would make or brake it, and from my best guess they would break it.