Your top 5 favourite game soundtracks?

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
IndustrialRobot

Re: Your top 5 favourite game soundtracks?

Postby IndustrialRobot » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:17 pm

I haven't played enough games to play favorites, but FTL soundtrack is well made :)
memetics

Postby memetics » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:21 am

Megas Domestikos wrote:Fallout - The series always has had good music, but the first/second one really captivates me [...] Gives me chills every time.

^ This. Always loved the Fallout / Fallout 2 soundtrack, both in-game and out, and since composer Mark Morgan remastered and released the soundtrack for free, I've always kept a copy in the car for listening whenever, or for those long mid-night drives through vast, open spaces. Eerie, wonderful ambiance.

Others that come readily to mind include Heroes of Might and Magic III, Master of Orion II, and Thexder (DOS, yeah, baby!). And the music in Endless Space is decent (there; that's 5 (-: ). FTL's soundtrack is decent, too. But Fallout is definitely my top favorite, by a mile.

-m
See when the International Space Station and other cool space objects will be visible at your location - anywhere you are on the Earth! http://www.heavens-above.com/
unit220

Postby unit220 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm

FTL is actually tied for my favorite soundtrack for games. This sounds strange but sometimes I'll just listen to it in bed at night in the pitch black. Unfortunately this reminds me that my childhood dream of captaining a space ship is long dead and very impossible but lets stick to the happy thoughts haha. I'd also say the halo soundtracks collectively are very good and borderlands 2 at least has some nice combat music from time to time.
FOR THE FEDERATION!
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:44 pm

1. Ace Combat 4

2. Ace Combat 5

3. Ace Combat Zero

4. Command and Conquer

5. FTL
precursormar

Postby precursormar » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Mine would be

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 (so many amazing chiptune tracks in this old series; nothing can beat it for me)

2. The Legend of Zelda series (truly classic and often stuck in my head)

3. The PS2 Ratchet and Clank titles (amazing atmosphere, especially in the second game's worlds)

4.VVVVVV (wrote about VVVVVV's soundtrack and aura here)

5. Shovel Knight (as you can tell, I like chiptunes)

[6. FTL (for good measure)]
Last edited by precursormar on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:18 pm

1. EDGE - Bleepy-Bloopy amazingness of the highest techno degree.

2. The binding of Isaac: Afterbirth - Really fits the game, with a ruin-like, mysterious sound to it.

3. FTL: Always a music for every moment, yet everything fits smoothly under space-theme.

4. Undertale: Like FTL, always a music for the theme of the moment, and there's always variety.

5. Kerbal Space Program: Because tinker music is fun when you're building a 100-ton Booster monstrosity, but what's glorious is the music when that monstrosity gets into orbit.*
* Monstrosity may not get to orbit.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
vdweller

Postby vdweller » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:08 pm

1) Fallout 1&2 (can't really separate them)
2) The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
3) Assasin's Creed Brotherhood
4) Diablo
5) Shovel Knight
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 29, 2016 4:12 am

1. ftl normal, CE and AE.
2. minecraft.
3. unreal tournament 1999
4. trackmania nations forever
5. flow

I put FTL first because of the AE tracks, Civil, Colonial and Zoltan. Did I tell anyone that the FTL AE tracks has a gothic tone to it?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Tetragon213

Postby Tetragon213 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 pm

1) The Legend of Zelda series: There's no game which I can separate out as having the best soundtrack, but Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess always got me
2) FTL: Ben Prunty did a fantastic job of this one
3) Mirror's Edge: I enjoyed the soundtrack a lot on this one, and the new change of pace with a game about parkour really intrigued me
4) Portal 1/2: Both of these had incredible soundtracks, nothing much to add really
5) Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls series has a good track record, but this game takes it to a whole new level
EpicTrojanVirus

Postby EpicTrojanVirus » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:38 am

1. Super Mario (Very classic, always brings you nostalgia)
2. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (Its Ambient rock will always make you drop with its beat)
3. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth/Afterbirth (Same with RA2 except it has ambient metal)
4. Faster Than Light (Smooth Track, especially at the abbandoned sector)
5. Starcraft Broodwar and 2 Trilogy (All its tracks simply puts you in another world far beyond deep space just like FTL)