Anyone amused by the bots?

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
stylesrj

Anyone amused by the bots?

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Are they getting smarter or what? Because they're asking legit questions about things new people would have in games yet their signatures are well... not legit?

Is it because they're taking questions from other forums and sometimes you get slipups where they ask for help for the wrong game or are actually, living flesh and blood people that into apps for calculating sports scores and such and wish to share it with everyone?
RAD-82

Re: Anyone amused by the bots?

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:09 am

I've seen some of those posts on Reddit, with real responses by the poster to other people. I just ignored the posts here (usually because I don't pay attention to the non-modding forums) and didn't realize they were bots that copied the Reddit posts until I viewed your responses to them. I did look at the Rebel Stronghold post when it was new because I had seen that question on Reddit, but I didn't see any signature at that time and thought maybe the poster was just trying to get more information from a different place. Maybe they are trying to add their signatures afterwards to try and avoid the spam filter, assuming it was actually missing in the first place and I wasn't blind?

Edit: I just noticed a lot of birthdays that look like bots. I copied the whole thing, not just what I think are the bots.

Congratulations to: JoyeSSS (40), PootisMan1559 (28), SCTaxAttorney (28), DTaxAttorney (28), LBTaxAttorney (28), PTaxAttorney10 (28), PasadenaTaxAttorney (28), Ptaxattorney1 (28), Onlyzen (26), TheDerpyPotatoe (18)