Your Top 3 games?

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
annephill

Re: Your Top 3 games?

Postby annephill » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

My favorites are FIFA 18, The legend of Zelda, GTA.
StevenMartin

Postby StevenMartin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:01 am

The first game would undoubtedly be league of legends. Reasons are many and I am not in a mood to write an essay on it but the consistent system of rewards in LoL is what satisfies my psychological feeling (even if it waste my time and therefore encourages me to keep playing), without me even noticing. I love the way LOL game recycles itself very well with new content every month, and has managed to age successfully. It keeps on improving rewarding system, making it so that people tag along with the game as much as they want.
Second would be the latest on Resident Evil 7 (On PS with VR)
Dota (again this is addictive like LOL). By the way if you are playing LOL, you may need to reach higher level to enjoy the game
Steven Martin
Gamers don't fear the apocalypse. We've seen it many times before. 8-)
Dark Star

Postby Dark Star » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:04 am

Dark Souls
Fallout
Starcraft
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Only 3?

1) Kerbal Space Program
2) Uhhh...
3) And then any 2 out of a list of about 20 games.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Luciad13

Postby Luciad13 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:18 am

stylesrj wrote:My top three games of all time:

Red Alert 2
Doom (any wad)
FTL

Neverwinter Nights 2 (any module) comes in close though. And the Sims 3. And the Civilization series. Yeah it's hard to nail my top three games of all time.
You see, my top games are from many different factors. Replayability, childhood memories and FTL.

There are other games out there which I might sink 200 hours or so into but overall don't really count as my top game as I probably won't pick them up again.
I think the main reason why I like them so much is that they're "transitional games mutuelles Entreprise." I might have finished a long RPG or something or I'm waiting for someone. I load up a quick game of one of those three and can get something done in a few hours which can be easily paused and resumed at a later date (or in Red Alert 2's case, it crashes and I don't care. I was winning anyway).

Others like the Tycoon series (Transport, Railroad, Roller Coaster) or X-COM are "waiting games" where you wait for things to happen and require an extensive Yotube series to watch in my impatient adulthood as I can't sit idly waiting for new things to happen (Tycoons) or loading screens (Sims) or require some serious effort to win and losing is most definitely NOT fun (X-COM).

I guess if you want specifics on "top recent games":

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Civilization: Beyond Earth
FTL

But those first two will fade away in time as background noise as the years go by. FTL is very resilient surprisingly enough. Guess it's all the mods and stuff.

Same for me because I really appreciated when the sims came out. After the other two too, I play with it often.
Rocketpencil

Postby Rocketpencil » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:12 am

Skyrim - yup I know Witcher 3 is generally better, but I think Skyrim - not Witcher - introduced this genre to the 21st century
Dark Souls - What? I'm a masochist
Guild Wars 2 - the best pvp among all mainstream mmorpg

I think, however, next April this list may change if you know what I mean :)
angrycow

Postby angrycow » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:52 pm

jaxmk1 wrote:I would say: tank trouble
1. Half Life(story line)
2. counter strike ( multiplayer)
3. Spore (sandbox)

That's my top 3 :lol:
Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.