Speaking of FTL... Warp Drive may be feasible scientists say

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
Kaerius

Re: Speaking of FTL... Warp Drive may be feasible scientists

Postby Kaerius » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Well, this particular one is possible according to our physics model, as in, it doesn't break the rules. It's likely to be a logistical impossibility though. It's about bending spacetime, which is very much accepted in science(the basic idea is that the vessel doesn't actually move in a kinetic sense, but due to space being contracted and expanded in front and behind it, its position may change place faster than light, in essence it's standing still but the universe around it moves).

And yes I agree it's unlikely our physics model is fundamentally flawed, but we have little things here and there that are in need of clarification(for example there's a known error in einstein's relativity calculations relating to black holes. When the distance to the black hole becomes zero, we get divide by zero, literally).

No flash on this comp, but I think this could be a video that demonstrates the above point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XjS4I4oQDY
xXSoulSlayerXx

Re: Speaking of FTL... Warp Drive may be feasible scientists

Postby xXSoulSlayerXx » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 am

Maybe it might be possible, since the large particle collider is capable of outputting heat that is more than 200 times hotter than the core of our sun for a split second... If scientist were to be able to store that energy, it could provide us with months of power!
PS:Exotic matter that outputs negative gravity in space is called a whitehole, an opposite of the blackhole.
Ahhhhhh!!! Not the ion cannons!!!