Replayability of FTL?

General discussion about the game.
ExtraCheesyPie

Re: Replayability of FTL?

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Szczypior wrote:Hahaha! I've just beaten the game! Finally! And it was made with ship named 'Another Fail' :D So.. I've got 2 ships unlocked: Engi Cruiser and Federation Cruiser. They vary so much, so many new possibilities... I.. need.. to... play.. more :D I think I'll try disabling ship with lasers using Engi Cruiser :)

The third ship I unlocked was crystal :P

Anyways, make sure you go to as many homeworlds as you can, and avoid quest beacons and shops if you're looking for the unlock event. Depending on where you are, you will need different equipment, but it doesn't have to be powered up. You can go to shops if you want, but it takes up a turn. Then all you need to do is complete the objectives. Oh, and if a homeworld is in the last sector, you wont get any rewards.
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
aqueous12

Postby aqueous12 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome UltraMantis. It was in fact the Vortex. Can't say I really understand how best to use it, I wish it started with a boarding drone rather than an anti-personnel drone. One thing I tried was playing 'breezy', with all the doors open except the captain's and using repair drones. All in all it seems underpowered, but fun.

But yeah, definitely getting into serious addiction with this game. Unlocked two other 'B' types now (the starting one and the Federation Cruiser). Maybe it's time to move up from easy to normal, but I'm a little afraid to.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 pm

aqueous12 wrote:...One thing I tried was playing 'breezy', with all the doors open except the captain's and using repair drones...

Very clever. :D

I would agree that the Vortex is a bit "hit or miss" kinda ship. The game is certainly harder to play, but that is kinda the point of some ships. Stealth B and Zoltan B are also handicapped, but very very satisfying to beat the game with. Anyway, i wont spoil anything. Keep on truckin'
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.