FTL Version 1.03.0 - Hotkeys and More! - Live on Steam

General discussion about the game.
DAOWAce

Re: FTL Version 1.03.0 - Hotkeys and More! - Live on Steam

Postby DAOWAce » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Finally, hotkeys.

Was such a chore to basically be limited to only the mouse and spacebar. Does not do well for people that suffer from RSI/CTS.

Individual auto-fire is another great addition that was lacking.

And lastly, I didn't know beams not damaging crew was a bug; crew already get hurt enough as it is!

Hope the next update will integrate the AET fan mod with the game. Great addition of more events that fit into the world, but a bit marred by not having the same tone (wording) the developer's chose, and by grammar issues.

Hoping for 1080p support as well. 720p doesn't look that pleasing on 1920x1200+ monitors (eye strain due to small size); nor does upscaling the game (oversized, blurred and ugly). Can't imagine what the game looks like on a 2560x1600 monitor.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Antony

Postby Antony » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Great patch, Justin & Mathew!!!

One little cosmetic thing for 1.04.1 (and the Tablet versions) is you might want to change this "Tip" that I just now saw:
"TIP: Oxygen - If the ship's room color changes from tan to red, it means you're losing oxygen. Crew will be damaged and fires will burn out in rooms with an orange border."

Wish List (I know you're fully focused on tablet ports and continued core game fixes/improvements):
-The ability to rename crew (former and new) mid-game
-The ability to rearrange the order of crew (like you can with weapons and drones) in the listing on the left
-Official DLC (I am willing to pay MORE for MORE content: Ships (if not additional ships then a "Type C"), Races, Storyline/Events/Puzzles, Official "Extra Hi-Rez Backgrounds & Planets" & higher-res Nebula, Asteroid & Sun animations, and new scenarios/game-types (Something other than being chased by the Rebel Fleet; maybe an "infiltration" scenario where the Federation takes the fight to the "Rebel Homeworld" - lol).

Anyway, thanks for a superb game experience so far! Keep it up!
Szczypior

Postby Szczypior » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:24 pm

First I'd like to thank for making this game, it's pretty much GOTY for me :) I got my own copy today after playing few games earlier on my friend's accout.

Antony wrote:Wish List (I know you're fully focused on tablet ports and continued core game fixes/improvements):

Noooo, that would be silly. I think they should leave the things as they are now. Having possibility to rename your crewmember mid-game would kill some part of it (like "oh, I'll name you 'turd' cause you didn't dodge that missle and your shipmate died, because of you!!")
Antony wrote:-The ability to rearrange the order of crew (like you can with weapons and drones) in the listing on the left

ohhh, I need it so badly :( I know it isn't in game, but still I try to do it from time to time hoping that it will work ;)
Antony wrote:-Official DLC (I am willing to pay MORE for MORE content: Ships (if not additional ships then a "Type C"), Races, Storyline/Events/Puzzles, Official "Extra Hi-Rez Backgrounds & Planets" & higher-res Nebula, Asteroid & Sun animations, and new scenarios/game-types (Something other than being chased by the Rebel Fleet; maybe an "infiltration" scenario where the Federation takes the fight to the "Rebel Homeworld" - lol).

I'd really like to see more content, not necessary Hi-rez graphics, but new ships/races would be fun. Also, more complex 'galaxy' would be nice with different playthrough. I think I could place some suggestions here on forums during the weekend when I have some more spare time. Now I need to play :D
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Szczypior wrote:
Antony wrote:Wish List (I know you're fully focused on tablet ports and continued core game fixes/improvements):

Noooo, that would be silly. I think they should leave the things as they are now. Having possibility to rename your crewmember mid-game would kill some part of it (like "oh, I'll name you 'turd' cause you didn't dodge that missle and your shipmate died, because of you!!")

It would allow you to add suffixes or prefixes to identify your crew according to their skills. That was the point of that suggestion. Actually Antony came up with an even better idea during a chatter-playthrough session (you can allways chime in at #fasterthanlight on QuakeNet via IRC or webchat).

How about adding small "mastery" icons next to the crewmember's name and healthbar? You could tell at a glance who your gunner or helmsman are if there is a small icon of the relevant system there. Green for skilled, yellow for expert. It would take a little bit of the GUI and require some additional icons, but it would be a great addition to the game.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:23 pm

I'd love the ability to rename crew ingame SO much. I dislike making a themed crew for all four of my starting people, which is immediately broken by finding "Charlie" or "Kazaak" or what have you. So much for the Apocalyptic theme. :P
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Antony wrote:-Official DLC (I am willing to pay MORE for MORE content: Ships (if not additional ships then a "Type C"), Races, Storyline/Events/Puzzles, Official "Extra Hi-Rez Backgrounds & Planets" & higher-res Nebula, Asteroid & Sun animations, and new scenarios/game-types (Something other than being chased by the Rebel Fleet; maybe an "infiltration" scenario where the Federation takes the fight to the "Rebel Homeworld")

I would pay for story based DLC (another campaign would be amazing).

Extra ships and high resolution content? No. The former would be a punch in the face considering all the ships they've had in the game at release (can be modded anyway); The latter should be patched into the game as a courtesy for large resolution monitor users.

Although have mods that give us high-resolution 'textures', that's different from actually rendering the game at anything over 720p. As I said, upscaling to 1080/1440/2160 looks increasingly horrid.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Antony

Postby Antony » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 am

I cannot reiterate enough how great this game is as it currently is. I appreciate the feedback on my "Wish List", and I will admit for the 3rd entry, I was just trying to brainstorm DLC type stuff that might be considered one day (if not, then no worries - superb game!) This game gets better and better every play-though and it's like Christmas when we're treated to an update, IMHO. I learn something knew -or- learn how to do something better every single time I play as well as interactions with those keeping the torch burning at http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=fasterthanlight&uio=d4.

P.S. I can't wait to buy this for my tablet so that I can play FTL wherever I go! ; )
Oka

Postby Oka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:19 pm

colorblind mode is awesome
Teoes

Postby Teoes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Hello

Brilliant game, no complaints; if it ever appears on Android I will buy another copy without hesitation! Just a query though please.

I've just updated to v1.03.01 via gog.com and have noticed something strange. In the hanger, the ship names are not aligned correctly in the box. I've got a screenshot to demonstrate:

Is this known or has this been reported before? I've not seen comments so I'm more likely to assume it's just me. I've not played the game further since updating to see if anything else is wonky; likewise I've not yet tried a reinstall to see if that fixes it - will do so when time allows. If anyone has ideas or needs more information, I'll see what I can provide.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I played a game rather than tinkered about and the text misalignment carried over to stores as well - augments for sale and the prices of items I was trying to sell were out of whack. Bizarrely, augments I owned and items I wanted to buy were all fine and not misaligned. Thanks for the advice though UltraMantis.. I'll give a reinstall a whack tomorrow when I have more time to kill.
Last edited by Teoes on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:00 am

There was/is some confusion over GoG's patches: http://www.gog.com/forum/ftl_faster_tha ... 1026/page2
Uninstalling the game, downloading the installer and re-installing the game seems like the best cure for whatever causes the issue. When you uninstall the game you should be asked to keep saves games (they are kept separately from the game) so you wont lose any progress.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.