"The game hates me!" Bullshit Death Discussion thread.

General discussion about the game.
Dontmindme

Re: "The game hates me!" Bullshit Death Discussion thread.

Postby Dontmindme » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 am

The cooldown only goes away if the danger is over. In an asteroid field or near a sun, you have to wait out the cooldown for each port. I've lost boarders that way as well.
Azhrei

Postby Azhrei » Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 am

using the Crystal Ship type B I boarded an enemy ship. During the fight a laser gets past my shields and hits my ship, thus procing the Crystal Vengence. So of course out of all the rooms it chooses to go after, it hits the one my boarders are in, killing my boarders.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 am

Azhrei wrote:using the Crystal Ship type B I boarded an enemy ship. During the fight a laser gets past my shields and hits my ship, thus procing the Crystal Vengence. So of course out of all the rooms it chooses to go after, it hits the one my boarders are in, killing my boarders.

Yeah I'm starting to think selling Crystal Vengeance before any boarding actions is a good idea. When you're boarding you don't want to damage their ship anyway.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
bansheeownz

Postby bansheeownz » Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 am

After about 5 extremely optimistic runs, I've come to the conclusion that The Vortex is cursed. It is doomed to fail. My last 2 runs, I was able to get a Weapon Pre-Igniter in the first sector. For any other ship, this means a damn good chance of at least reaching sector 6-7 that can easily snowball out of control.

My last run had me rolling a Pre-Igniter, Stealth weapons, AND a Drone Recovery Arm. Perfect right? Only thing is I was relying on a Pegasus to break shields and a Beam drone to wipe them clean after its down. This was NOT ideal. Even though I had the ground work for an extremely successful run, I couldn't get my hands on some effective shield breaking lasers. I ran out of missiles in sector 7 and was unable to kill anything. I made the jump from beacon to beacon hoping to find a store with a better weapon. I found a store when the hull was next to destroyed. The next jump was the end. A rock ship that had everything, including Cloaking. There was fire on about 3 systems when my ship went down. Greatest disappointment yet.
bansheeownz

Postby bansheeownz » Sat May 04, 2013 8:34 am

This one time I had a mantis ship get 5 auto-scouts in a row. Death on the 5th one. Fun stuff, you should try it.
MistenTH

Postby MistenTH » Sun May 05, 2013 2:56 am

Well equipped artillery ship by sector 6, everything is fine and dandy.

One encounter, missile disables my shield, starts a fire. Lasers start getting through, dealing lots of hull damage. I finally take out the enemy ship, but I've lost half my health.

Next beacon, found the madman, took him aboard, he blew up a bomb, was down to like 1/4.

Next beacon, breathed a sigh of relief as although the enemy ship had 3 shields, which my weaponry could not burst down, it only had a single laser, so it would be a long drawn out fight, but I could win it.

However, it also had a missile launcher. 4 reloads later, my uber arty ship blew up from being plinked to death.

FTL hates me -.-
Xexist

Postby Xexist » Sun May 12, 2013 8:53 am

Just missed unlocking the slug ship. Got to the interceptor and was using the Red-Tail. 4 lasers vs 2 shields, no problem right?

First volley - hit hit (absorbed by shield) miss miss.
Second volley - hit hit (absorbed by shield) miss miss.
Third volley - hit hit (absorbed by shield) hit miss (light drive only orange, not red)

Ship flies away. FML.
Mekible

Postby Mekible » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:25 pm

i have currently just finished punching my wall and have bleeding knuckles thanks to this bullshit game. So I was having an amazing run with the Federation battle cruiser or whatever the third one is called. I had the hull smashed mk2 plus the standard laser plus flak shot mk 3 all fully powered and operational. I had level 3 shields, 7 crew (a lovely mix of zoltan, engi and rocks etc), super blast doors, level 2 engines. This was by far the most powerful I've ever been in the game and I absolutely destroyed the first ship I came across in under a minute. But then the fucking bullshit game decided oh I'm going to spawn an enemy with nothing but missiles a zoltan shield drone and teleporting bombs and hacking (this was sector 4 by the way) and that fucking dumbass bullshit ship destroyed me with almost no problem whatsoever. I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME NOW AND I SWEAR TO GOD IT NEEDS TO BE UPDATED SO THAT ITS SOMETHING OTHER THAN A STUPID PIECE OF RNG BULLSHIT THAT LITERALLY SEEMS TO DO EVERYTHING IT CAN TO STOP YOU FROM WINNING!!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:14 pm

15 Second Cloak, A cluster-3 bomb and a missile launcher. Add a boarding drone into piloting, shake for a few minutes and watch as I rage-quit and suffocate all the crew because they even made it so I couldn't escape...
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:21 pm

I think I have a right to post here after.. some 800 runs and only 7 victories.

This even made me consider hacking the game. SO! I was playing around with the Zoltan B and ended up getting a very nice load-out. I don't remember exactly what it was but it could rip through the flagship on easy, which is the mode I was on. I got to the flagship, and as many have experienced, it synced the hacking on the weapons with the cloaking. Knowing it was certain doom, I jumped away. I came back hoping for a better run (with my 2 defense 1's to hold off the hacking drones no less) and THE ONE DRONE THAT GOT THROUGH LANDED ON MY WEAPONS and I was dead. I was one step away from getting the mantis A, which I had been missing for a long time.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"