Some of the text makes no sense.

General discussion about the game.
ExtraCheesyPie

Some of the text makes no sense.

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:06 am

In one, I'm in an ion storm. (Im a rock ship with default crew).

*Sees rock ship in ion storm*

"Leave us alone, you repugnant life forms"

Theres a blue rock crew option to steer their ship.

Why am I being called repugnant if they encounter one of their own kind?
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
UltraMantis

Re: Some of the text makes no sense.

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:38 am

You're right. That text makes sense when they encounter any other ship except the Rocks A&B. The game simply doesnt seem to check what type of ship the player is in.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 am

There are a few other events where someone refers to you as "humans" even if you are in the ship of some other race and have no human crew.
JagXY

Postby JagXY » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:14 am

Number43 wrote:There are a few other events where someone refers to you as "humans" even if you are in the ship of some other race and have no human crew.

The Federation seems to be primarily human IIRC. Judging by in-game event text your ship (whichever one you are in) can easily be identified as a Federation ship. They probably just assumed that your ship had mostly human crew. :ugeek:
Mataza

Postby Mataza » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 am

JagXY wrote:
Number43 wrote:There are a few other events where someone refers to you as "humans" even if you are in the ship of some other race and have no human crew.

The Federation seems to be primarily human IIRC. Judging by in-game event text your ship (whichever one you are in) can easily be identified as a Federation ship. They probably just assumed that your ship had mostly human crew. :ugeek:

My thoughts exactly.
There are for example engi ships that are completely staffed by mantis. I think even guaranteed in a certain event.
Just because a ship is in a certain style doesnßt mean it´s crew is only of exact that race. That would actually be pretty stupid, if you ask me. Just think about pirates rejecting the idea of commandeering a superior ship because it's not of their own race.