Translation: Português Brasileiro.

General discussion about the game.
azelea

Re: Translation: Português Brasileiro.

Postby azelea » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 pm

samseng813 wrote:I have a hard time understand why people just don't accept english software.
Some of my software projects in Netherlands they just outright refuse to see any English word in their system.

Making good games with English get good international attention and customer.
To people who always whine why developer didn't include "your native language", ask yourself how much great title you know from China which are chinese language?

English is a global language. Making software in English so developer can sell it to anywhere in this world.
This is business sense, not "looking down poor country".

Fangz your post is good.

You're from one of the most priviliged countries in the world. You start learning english at an early age and continue to be instructed in english as well as other languages in high school. The quality of this language education is among the best of the world.

Yes, the guy was whining a bit, but wouldn't it be great if FTL was translated to more languages?

If there was a brazilian portuguese FTL, I'd love that. It would be another fun way to learn portuguese for me.
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm

azelea wrote:Yes, the guy was whining a bit, but wouldn't it be great if FTL was translated to more languages?

If there was a brazilian portuguese FTL, I'd love that. It would be another fun way to learn portuguese for me.

I'd also love having a Portuguese version of FTL.

What triggered my answer was the OP's attempt to give an emotional explanation for a fact that has a rather rational explanation. Saying that the FTL devs despise the "poor Brazilians" and that this is the reason why they didn't translate the game to Portuguese is like saying that certain businesses charge high prices because they are greedy. It totally ignores all the economic factors and replace them by the good old emotional card (hatred, greed, racism are some of the most common words used to produce this effect).

I'm not against a Portuguese version of FTL. Not at all. I was just there to shed some light on what the OP said.
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:39 am

In term of 2nd most spoken language in Earth by number of people, I will say Chinese.
Because China is the country with largest population (Taiwan understand chinese too).

Heck, I think M&J will choose translate to chinese first.
Because their office based in China ShangHai ? I saw them had some chinese friends probably they can help too
Kronnoz

Postby Kronnoz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Ae galera! a respeito da tradução PT-BR

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10792