First suggestion: Achievements that unlock parts of the game

General discussion about the game.
AJTilley

Re: First suggestion: Achievements that unlock parts of the

Postby AJTilley » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:49 am

I agree with OrangeBottle, grinding tasks for achievements would be a poor way of doing it. That beings said there are plenty of games with achievement unlocks that do it far better than steam. Essentially achievements to unlock certain tech could be simply getting so far in the game, surviving, exploring a certain amount of sectors in one game or across all your games. It wouldn't feel like a grind because you would play the game normally and the achievements would appear as you progress. Game progression achievements in my opinion tend to be the best added with some off the wall strange achievements.

Personal;ly I think the game would be better served with the kind of progression where as long as you have the coin you can buy the tech but the more advanced tech will only appear as the game progresses in the later levels.
Bomfy

Re: First suggestion: Achievements that unlock parts of the

Postby Bomfy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:56 am

This would be a terrible thing in my opinion. To think that I would need an achievement to get access to something in the game is just as bad as mobile developers who make a game free, but leave out loads of stuff that you have to buy.

I'm all for working my way though to get better stuff like has been previously mentioned.