Here are some features I really hope to see considered by the devs:
- The auto fire should be available for each individual weapon.
- Add a clickable button somewhere to pause the game, or at least a configurable bind key (mouse button 3 would be awesome!)
- Make health bars clearer, especially when boarding an enemy ships. Some sort of small numeric display would be ideal (like the "-x" appearing on hits).
- add an "speed up o2 / health regeneration" button before each FTL jump when there is no more danger (it's so annoying to have to wait for those to regenerate, what a waste of time!)
- there should be some sort of bonus for playing normal mode: if it's harder, there should be higher reward, at least a fair risk/reward equation (I don't see any incentive to play normal mode).
- there is no point in leaving enemy boarding robots when the enemy ship is dead. At least crew members should not have to kill them before starting to repair the room they're in. It doesn't make sense as they won't reactivate anyway.
- In events where only enemy characters board the ship, it would be nice to have some sort of surrender event when only one guy is left and he has no chance of surviving.
- Add a configurable hotkey for cloak.
- Engies could be more sensitive to fires but would be more resistant to suffocation.
- Level 3 sensors should allow you to know exactly which weapons and bots the enemy ship is carrying.
- There should be a way to get cheap new crew members when arriving at the 8th zone! How many people do they have in the fleet anyway? This kind of nonsense is a little bit frustrating.
Big fan of the game, I hope these are not too much to ask for. I would really appreciate some feedback from the devs about those ideas.
1. Auto fire IS available for each weapon.
2. ...Space Key. Press the space key.
3. Not really needed.I always know when my boarders are dying because of the sound that cues.
4.Buy the upgrades for the medbay and cloaking and it's faster.
5. There already is higher rewards. You get more scrap from killing enemies.
6. Well, it's a robot. It's in your way. What do you have to do? DESTROY IT.
7. Um, they have no ship to retreat to, and the slave ships can surrender if you damage it enough times. The reward for their surrendering is a free crewmember.
8. ..........The button. PRESS IT. You simply have to pause, then click the button, then unpause. BOOM. Cloaked.
9. Engies are engies. They can have whatever they want.
10. Go look at the FTL wiki and see what the weapons look like. THEN, when you enter battle, identify the weapons. Boom, solution.
11. Lolno. You should have purchased crewmembers earlier.
I do not intend to be rude, but these suggestions could remove whatever Roguelike-likeness FTL had in the first place.