Build 0.12.8.11 on Mac

General discussion about the game.
smee

Build 0.12.8.11 on Mac

Postby smee » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 am

Nice build, but playing through it and it crashed - bombed back out to the desktop and unable to continue.

any chance of a fix guys? :)

Not sure if FTL writes a log or anything but can send in if someone can point me to the location
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Build 0.12.8.11 on Mac

Postby Matthew » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:31 am

What OS version are you playing on? And can you be any more specific about what was happening right before it crashed?

There could be a crash log within ~/Library/Application Support/FasterThanLight , but my crash logging for OS X is new and untested. It will improve in the coming week(s).

Mac keeps its own crash logs that could be helpful if you look in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter depending on your version. Might be a crash log labelled "FTL" in there.

Email me the logs if you can find anything in either of those locations to zasdarq@ftlgame.com

Hopefully we can get this sorted out soon :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 am

Oh. And the ~/Library folder might be hidden for you if you're on Lion (OS X 10.7). Follow these instructions to find it:

Go to Folder from the Finder’s Go menu and enter: ~/Library

If you want to stop hiding the Library folder, open a Terminal and enter: chflags nohidden ~/Library

Note: the ~ is the tilde character, which just refers to your home folder
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
smee

Postby smee » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 pm

hiya - thanks for quick reply. I did mean to mention the OS version which is 10.8 Mountain Lion.
Nothing in either location for FTL (I've dumps on folder for Calibre but that's it).

Not really sure what i was doing in game, but I was probably on about the 4th sector - it's was a pirate one, and I'd just jumped into a system. I had about 5 or 6 crew and ship repair was 100% from memory. Upset as I was doing well for a change!

Only weapons on the ship were burst laser 2 and a missile system, but don't recall which. Quite a few systems were upgraded.

I'll try again later and hope it was just a glitch!

:)
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:28 am

Someone else was able to send us some crash reports for a Mac crash. I've put a patch live on Steam that should fix those, hopefully it was the same one.
smee

Postby smee » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 am

yep that seems to have fixed it!

Updated and got all the way thru to the end - many thanks :)