Nesasio...

General discussion about the game.
censor
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 am

Nesasio...

Postby censor » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello.
I have played the game more than 250 times. I have finished the game 7 times: 2 easy mode and 5 in normal. And I have to say that Nesasio ship is a piece of crap. It´s weapons are shit, it have no shields (and is very expensive in the stores). And, the worst: 4 engine bars and advanced shield plating are USELESS. If you face a ship with some attack drone, you are doomed. 30% evasion and 25% resist damage DO NOT WORK; you always get hit. If you do not hit shield in the first volley, you will suffer heavy damage. If your default weapons system are damaged, better restart.

I believe the Nesasio was though like an agile ship that can evade many shots and disappear when missiles are coming. But it do not work. The first 2 sectors are usually easy with other ships (with the excepcion of the Man Of, war, another underpowered ship), but with the Nesasio, you heavily depend on luck. Please, redesing that ship.

Suggestion: 2 laser weapons.

Sorry for my bad english.
Strech
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Nesasio...

Postby Strech » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:46 am

Well i played the game 37 times and i've beaten it 2 times, one (with the highest score) with that ship.
You can literally not spend scrap untill the 3rd sector (as long as the enemies have only 1 shield), and buy shields/weapons as soon as you find them.
If the enemies have only 1 shield, you can target their weapon room with the lazors and then hitting three rooms with the mini beam and often almost totally disable the ship before it can even fire 1 shot to you. You just need to time rightly the cloak and some luck to find more lasers to easily take down shields and a better beam for the late game...
Muramas
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Nesasio...

Postby Muramas » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 pm

I also have to disagree, the Nesasio is not a bad ship it is just not a consistent ship. It can have runs where it blows all the other ships out of the water and some where it dies within the first few encounters.
timaeus
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: Nesasio...

Postby timaeus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 pm

I actually rather like the stealth ship. It just takes a little getting used to. You cannot play it the same way as other ships, at least not until you're able to get shielding.

In order to make it past the first couple of sectors, you *need* to rely on the first strike capability granted by cloaking. Other ships might be better off saving cloaking to avoid a missile barrage, but with the stealth ship, you want to use it right off the bat. Then you can use the strategy Strech mentions of targeting the weapon system with the lasers (which will also take out the shield), then immediately using the beam weapon to target multiple rooms, including the weapon system.

Using that approach you can take out the enemy weapon system 90% of the time before they have a chance to hit you in the first couple sectors. Weapon upgrades and shields become necessary pretty soon after than though.
censor
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Nesasio...

Postby censor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:55 pm

I have finished the game in normal with many ships, including the stealth, but I still believe it is a piece of crap. You need to hit always with the dual laser to break the weapons system. If you miss, the enemy can shoot back and take out many hits points.
By far, the worst ship in the game. It has nothing special and is very weak. You need to be very lucky to upgrade your weapons quickly. If you fight a 2 shield enemy ship with your standard weapons, better restart.
Gorlom
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 am

Re: Nesasio...

Postby Gorlom » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Obviously it just doesn't suit your play style. It doesn't really fit mine either but I don't think it's crap.

I'm happy that the game caters to a diverse selection of play styles and that the devs doesn't want to make every ship bland and generic fitting every persons play style.
censor
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Nesasio...

Postby censor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Gorlom wrote:Obviously it just doesn't suit your play style. It doesn't really fit mine either but I don't think it's crap.

I'm happy that the game caters to a diverse selection of play styles and that the devs doesn't want to make every ship bland and generic fitting every persons play style.


Hello.
I can enjoy any other ship. I understand it´s weakness. But Nesasio is all weakness unless you are very lucky finding weapons floating in the space.
I´d like to unlock it´s secon layout, but I do not survive enough.
Gorlom
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 am

Re: Nesasio...

Postby Gorlom » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:20 pm

censor wrote:
Gorlom wrote:Obviously it just doesn't suit your play style. It doesn't really fit mine either but I don't think it's crap.

I'm happy that the game caters to a diverse selection of play styles and that the devs doesn't want to make every ship bland and generic fitting every persons play style.


Hello.
I can enjoy any other ship. I understand it´s weakness. But Nesasio is all weakness unless you are very lucky finding weapons floating in the space.
I´d like to unlock it´s secon layout, but I do not survive enough.


When do you cloak? Have you noticed how to get the most out of the beam? How many rooms do you hit on average? How many rooms can you hit at the most with it? In which order do you target rooms?
Have you noticed that the dual lasers can remove 2 shield bubbles so that you can disable the shield system with the mini beam if you time it?

What is the first thing you spend scrap on?

How many nodes do you hit before leaving a sector?

Have you tried playing on easy with the stealthship to learn more about it?

I've completed the pacifist run and "no stinking upgrades" achievements in the same run on normal with that ship ... If you are dying too fast then you need to figure out how to adapt your playstyle because there is nothing wrong with the ship.
censor
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Nesasio...

Postby censor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Gorlom wrote:
censor wrote:
Gorlom wrote:Obviously it just doesn't suit your play style. It doesn't really fit mine either but I don't think it's crap.

I'm happy that the game caters to a diverse selection of play styles and that the devs doesn't want to make every ship bland and generic fitting every persons play style.


Hello.
I can enjoy any other ship. I understand it´s weakness. But Nesasio is all weakness unless you are very lucky finding weapons floating in the space.
I´d like to unlock it´s secon layout, but I do not survive enough.


When do you cloak? Have you noticed how to get the most out of the beam? How many rooms do you hit on average? How many rooms can you hit at the most with it? In which order do you target rooms?
Have you noticed that the dual lasers can remove 2 shield bubbles so that you can disable the shield system with the mini beam if you time it?

What is the first thing you spend scrap on?

How many nodes do you hit before leaving a sector?

Have you tried playing on easy with the stealthship to learn more about it?

I've completed the pacifist run and "no stinking upgrades" achievements in the same run on normal with that ship ... If you are dying too fast then you need to figure out how to adapt your playstyle because there is nothing wrong with the ship.


Hello.
I will try to answer you. Sorry for my bad english (I´m not native english speaker).

About the cloacking I have tried some strategies depending of my upgrades. At first, when I have only 1 power bar, I cloak as soon as posible to strike the first blow. When I have 2 energy bars on cloack system (really earley), I have tried 2 strategies: cloack as soon as possible to hit first, and cloacking when receiving the first enemy volley to avoid it. Experience tells me that is better cloacking as soon as possible and striking before my enemy (but it exposes me to his first attack).

About my target systems: 2 strategies here. First: hit the enemy shield system with dual lasers and the hit with beam. Some times it is possible to hit with beam shields and weapons systems. Some times it is not possible, si I strike shields with dual and weapons with beam (and, of course, I try to hit at least 3 rooms with beam). I always sinchronize dual and beam shots.
My second strategy is to hit weapons system with dual laser and beam later. It´s shields are untouched but I negate the counter strike. Of course, I try to hit 3 rooms with beam always.

First thing I spend scrap is cloack system.

The nodes I go: always as many as I can. I try to capitalize the first 2 sectors.

I have tried to play in easy mod with stealth. of course, I get much more scrap, but the problems are the same: I really need shields (150 scrap) and I desesperately need more powerdul weapons. In easy mode, I can finish the game with Nesasio. The problem is that: with every other ship, the first 2 sectors are easy in normal mode. With Nesasio it is a pain in the ass. Fight an enemy with anti-ship or beam, and better restart.

I
SrsBzns
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Nesasio...

Postby SrsBzns » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:28 am

I usually upgrade the cloak first and make sure I get the first shot in. As long as you make sure that once the dual laser takes the shields down on the enemy ship, you use the mini beam and try to get as many rooms as you can. Most of the time you can get three rooms with that beam which should take out the weapons. There is a massive downside to the ship not having shields but I've consistently made it to the last stand with out any although only on easy.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests