Freeze and some suggestions

General discussion about the game.
Nine

Freeze and some suggestions

Postby Nine » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Just had a crash when the whole game froze.

What happened:
I lost a game with the torus.
Got back to Hangar
I Chose torus again and put my mouse over the start button (not sure if i pressed it or not) and then the whole game froze (blue rotating windows ring), nothing happened for at least 1 minute so I killed the game.

Thanks for the save game option.
I wished that the save game option should not be deleted immediately. It should stay there until i overwrite it with my next save game.

Sometimes easy is too hard, while dying several times in the first few areas (well think of an enemy with boarding drone and killing me on the second planet, or some bugs entering my ship in the second sector, you get no chance at all).

But the game is great fun.
Gorlom

Re: Freeze and some suggestions

Postby Gorlom » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:09 pm

When the game froze what other processes did you have running? 1 minute really isn't enough to call it a freeze, and it sounds like the problem is at your end tbh.

For the boarding drone just kill their drone control (not the drone but the room on the enemy ship). for the boarders try venting your entire ship except for the medbay and retreat to there.
Samson

Re: Freeze and some suggestions

Postby Samson » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Yeah, I love when boarders enter my ship near any of the exterior airlocks. I always try to upgrade my doors just so I can space 'em as opposed to trying to get my guys in to kill them. Also a great strategy for fighting fires. I was getting annoyed with some guy using the fire bombs on me so I just got everyone in the front third of the ship and vented the atmo for the rest. Fought the rest of the battle with nothing pressurised other than the medbay and cockpit.

This game is really hard to start. Easy just gives you more scrap and less enemies, nothing else changes.