What's the best and worst luck you've had?

General discussion about the game.
Number43

Re: What's the best and worst luck you've had?

Postby Number43 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:17 am

My best luck was when the first beacon gave me a scrap recovery arm, the second gave me an ion blast I, and the third gave me a burst laser II. The rest of that run was similarly lucky with lots more free weapons and 16 crew hired. I even managed to buy a pre-igniter from a shop.

As for worst luck, other than events causing me to lose crew members, nothing stands out that much as most of the more memorable misfortune was partly due to some mistake I made rather than being pure luck. The worst I can think of is a run with the stealth ship A where I reached a point where the enemies had 3 shields but the weapons I had been given didn't let me get through them very well. It's hard to penetrate 3 layers of shield and high engines with 3 weapons that use 1 power each.
Hoa_Binh

Postby Hoa_Binh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 am

Best - second jump had a Rebel that surrendered and gave a Weapon Pre-Igniter, I later found two Burst laser II (in addition to the other two weapons that I don't remember)... poor, poor Rebel flagship.

Worst was when I played a Zoltan. In the first zone I met something with drones in an asteroid field.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 am

cakebread666 wrote:That's slick. There should be an award for that.

Yeah, I couldn't believe my luck, especially since I did something really stupid (boarding a damaged ship in an asteroid field) and got away with it.