Easiest Final Boss kill so far

General discussion about the game.
LillithMenarra

Easiest Final Boss kill so far

Postby LillithMenarra » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:13 am

So I redownloaded the game on my laptop to take on vacation, so no unlocked ships. I hop in the Kestrel, and by the end this is my layout::

Blaster III
Blaster II
Heal Bomb

Full Cloak
Full Shields
Full Engines
Full Crew Teleport

Ship Attack Drone II
Ship Attack Drone I

I destroyed the ship in all 3 encounters quickly, only taking 3 points of Hull Damage. This was on Normal Difficulty btw. I've never had that smooth of a run, but the Attack Drones kept the shields down on any enemy fairly effectively, at which point I just started pounding away at their shields and weapons with my Blasters.
Gorlom

Re: Easiest Final Boss kill so far

Postby Gorlom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:36 am

what augmentations? did you do it with or without drone recovery arm?
LillithMenarra

Postby LillithMenarra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:53 am

Sorry forgot the Augments.

Drone Recovery Arm
Scrap Recovery Arm
(uh whichever one increases reload speed by 15%, the name eludes me atm)
iamdanthemanstan

Postby iamdanthemanstan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 am

Did you have enough power for all of that? My last run I had 3 shields, about half engines, full weapons, full cloak, full teleporter, and that was 100% of the ships power.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:03 am

Assuming no zoltans a ship at full power has 25 bars.

If OP isn't powering his healbomb all the time his weapons are at 6 (or7?) power. (I'm unsure about the numbers but is that 4 for the blaster III and 2 for blaster II?)
8 for shields and 8 for engines. 3+3 for cloak+teleporter
6 for drones (4 for mark II and 2 for mark I)
3+3+6+6+8+8 =6+12+16 =34
So that's nine empty powerbars when all of his power is used. And that is without even counting power requirement for O2 and medbay.

Comparably you said you used:
4 for engines
6 for shields
8 weapons
3cloak 3teleporter
24 powerbars used, presumably leaving 1 for O2. Seems you power everything at the same time all the time.

Do you need to power the teleporter and cloak at the same time? can't you use them in tandem?
Last edited by Gorlom on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:23 am

Gorlom wrote:Assuming no zoltans a ship at full power has 25 bars.

If OP isn't powering his healbomb all the time his weapons are at 6 (or7?) power. (I'm unsure about the numbers but is that 4 for the blaster III and 2 for blaster II?)
8 for shields and 8 for engines. 3+3 for cloak+teleporter
6 for drones (4 for mark II and 2 for mark I)
3+3+6+6+8+8 =6+12+16 =34
So that's nine empty powerbars when all of his power is used. And that is without even powering O2 and medbay.

Comparably you said you used:
4 for engines
6 for shields
8 weapons
3cloak 3teleporter
24 powerbars used, presumably leaving 1 for O2. Seems you power everything at the same time all the time.

Do you need to power the teleporter and cloak at the same time? can't you use them in tandem?

Probably not going to be using the drones, cloak and teleporter all the time.

You can power the teleporter and cloak at the same time, but that puts 6 power bars out of commission until the system recharges (you can't shuffle power to or from a system that is recharging, even if hit by an ion weapon).

Sending more power to the teleporter is a good deal, because it greatly speeds up how quickly it becomes available again. Cloak, however, takes the full 20 seconds to recharge. Don't be using those things if you need the power elsewhere!
LillithMenarra

Postby LillithMenarra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 am

I had two Zoltans and no I didn't power everything at once, I was juggling power constantly. I'd either depower the drones and send my boarding crew and power the heal bomb, or I'd power down the teleporter, heal bomb, and some engine power to send to the drones.

and I only powered the medbay specifically when I needed to heal crew, otherwise it was always depowered so I could toss another point in the engines.