Crewing comments

General discussion about the game.
DocGratis

Crewing comments

Postby DocGratis » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Thought I'd start a thread about crewing. Where do you start your initial three man crew?
I used to do Pilot, engines, weapons, but then I switched to Pilot, shields, weapons.

What do you do with extra crew (past 4)? Personally I spread them out in key sectors to help with any repairs?
Do you use the teleporters?

And lastly, any thing you would like to see changed about crews? Personally I would like to see more stations both on different subsystems (drones, med?) and also have 2nd stations at the existing crew-able areas so crew can train skills (even if the second shield man doesn't add a bonus beyond the first guy)
Weapons Officer "Aww do we really NEED 02 and Medbay? I want more weapon power"
Shields and Engine Officers "Yeah we want more power!"

Pilot (aka Captain) "Will you babies get back to work!"
OrangeBottle

Re: Crewing comments

Postby OrangeBottle » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:20 am

I always have Pilot, weapons, and shields manned. Any extra crew either double-up on manned systems or go to the teleporter room, depending on their race. Also, the doubled-up crew repair damage to rooms near their station.
Bomfy

Postby Bomfy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:49 am

Pilot, shield, weapons to start. Then droid (if I am using the Torus or added them). From that point on what I feel is strategically placed for boarders or fire suppression. Mostly that means 02 and doors, since that is what they always seem to go for.
WordMercenary

Postby WordMercenary » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 pm

I usually start with pilot, shields and weapons. But lately I've been thinking, weapons seem to level up much faster than anything else, so maybe I should start pilot, shield, engines instead.

After that I usually go for two engis on damage control duty, running out to help with repairs, and two mantis/rockmen to either board enemy ships or fight people boarding mine.
take

Postby take » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:01 pm

pilot/weapons/shield every time.

i'd like to see some crew members available at shops already have some sort of skill set, even if it's only partial in a specific field. there sure seem to be a lot of useless crew members hanging out there. fresh out of the academy maybe..??
Nox

Postby Nox » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:53 pm

I start with

pilot, guns, shields

my next guy goes on engines

then as I get more crew I assign bodyguards to the guns and shield guys

the first engi's I get end up primary crew on guns, shields and engines in that order.
--

No good deed goes unpunished.
reverend

Postby reverend » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:18 am

Pilot, Weapons, Engine. Then Drones if I have them. Shields.
temporal

Postby temporal » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Pilot, Weapons, Engines

IMO that 5%+ boost from crewing your engines is very helpful against early missile launchers, which is how I seem to take most of my hull damage in the first few sectors.

Weapon crewing is very noticeable as well. Vital if you're in the Taurus, getting those ions firing as fast as possible keeps you alive.

Shields don't seem to benefit quite as much from crewing so I do them last.

Why are you guys crewing drones before actual stations? I guess I can see it as being important in the Taurus, especially since the room is way on its own corner of the ship and they are your only damage.