Spam Checks

General discussion about the game.
Sovereighn2280

Spam Checks

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:49 am

I would constantly check the Hints, Tips & Tricks page because there seems to be spam posted on there almost every day.
Farlark

Re: Spam Checks

Postby Farlark » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:24 am

There are also numerous threads like this pointing it out. Someone will be along soon to berate you for it.
Drasha

Postby Drasha » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 am

I think I managed to clean it all up. You can always pm me or one of the moderators with links to it otherwise we will delete it as well see it.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:48 am

Sovereighn2280 wrote:I would constantly check the Hints, Tips & Tricks page because there seems to be spam posted on there almost every day.

Spam is posted there every single day. Just like in all other forum pages by the way.

Some days you don't see it because a moderator has removed it before you visited the forum, some days you see it because you arrived on the forum before a moderator came to clean it up. You mention "constantly checking"... This would work indeed, but moderators have a life too, and typically come to the forum to clean it up two or three times per day.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.