Funniest FTL Moment?

General discussion about the game.
Cactuschef

Re: Funniest FTL Moment?

Postby Cactuschef » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 pm

EdenNov wrote:they should instantly have 100% dodge chance :geek: . How could they get hit?

dunno, never heard of this. but i've seen plenty of ships get destroyed after surrendering. this was just the first time it happened to me at the same time
0evil_overlord0

Postby 0evil_overlord0 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 am

EdenNov wrote:
Cactuschef wrote:i remember having a really intense fight in an asteroid field. my hull's almost gone, so's his. pausing constantly, praying for every shot not to miss. we both get down to 1hp and he finally surrenders. thank god!

i close the loot window. then we simultaneously take asteroids to the face and explode.

But if you accepted the surrender, they should instantly have 100% dodge chance :geek: . How could they get hit?

I've seen ships surrender and explode from fires. He might have been focusing on his ship and only thought it was an asteroid.
Klarth

Postby Klarth » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:10 am

A mantis ship fired lasers at mine and killed its own boarders.
Smashington

Postby Smashington » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:04 pm

That moment when the enemy ship sends a boarding crew consisting of a single Engi.

Actually happened to me today.
Mister Sammy

Postby Mister Sammy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:30 am

Smashington wrote:That moment when the enemy ship sends a boarding crew consisting of a single Engi.

Actually happened to me today.

I was playing MANtis B the other day, and I ran into a pirate ship that board me with a single human. After dispatching him, I proceeded to bring the party to their ship...

They had two mantis on board.

"...Okay, okay. That's a Mantis ship. Let's send Bob off to die, no one likes him." "Got it, got it--shh! Here he comes!"
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:11 am

Boarded by 2 Mantises. No biggie, I had 2 (plus a rock)... anyway, they go after my oxygen which is right next to the medbay (fed cruiser) so it'll be a piece of cake. Right as all 4 Mantises got to ~30 health, I decided to heal mine, to ensure victory. Literally less than a second later, an enemy Hermes missile hit the oxygen system, killing both of them, but not mine.
The sheer enjoyment of it all was well worth the 3 dmg.
prime

Postby prime » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:44 am

Number43 wrote:What about all the times it tells you "the ship seems to have been outfitted for transport rather than combat" but then it's the most dangerous ship yet in the run and wipes the floor with you.

Or the time when a ship is kicking your ass, and then suddenly they run away.
Smashington

Postby Smashington » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:15 pm

OK, what just happened:

I fought a slave trader in the first sector with Engi A. They surrendered, but my ship was pretty badly damaged after the fight, so I had to spend about a minute repairing my systems. I was wondering what was burning on my ship, there didn't seem to be a fire anywhere even though my sensors were broken.

And then, unexpectedly, the slave trader ship that had just surrendered to me exploded.