Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
TenLetters

Re: Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

Postby TenLetters » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 am

Does anyone know if the missions that result in the Stealth/Mantis ships occur only in the Engi/Mantis Homeworlds, or can they occur in any Engi/Mantis controlled sector? The one time I found either was in their respective homeworlds. I somehow managed to fail both. Apparently just blowing up the ships isn't what you're supposed to do. I'm going to try boarding the Mantis ship next time, but after playing through the game 4 more times I have yet to encounter that mission again (only been able to find the homeworld twice more). Is there any way to see the worlds more than just 1 link ahead? I hate seeing a split and then by chance choosing the one without the homeworlds (unless homeworlds aren't 100% going to occur in each game).

The Federation ship is insane, though.
OrangeBottle

Postby OrangeBottle » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:31 am

TenLetters wrote:Does anyone know if the missions that result in the Stealth/Mantis ships occur only in the Engi/Mantis Homeworlds, or can they occur in any Engi/Mantis controlled sector?

I'm pretty sure they happen only in the homeworld sectors, and only if you happen to find them in those sectors.

Apparently just blowing up the ships isn't what you're supposed to do. I'm going to try boarding the Mantis ship next time, but after playing through the game 4 more times I have yet to encounter that mission again (only been able to find the homeworld twice more).

--[ALERT: SPOILERS AHEAD, SCROLL DOWN IF YOU WISH TO AVOID THEM]--

Yeah. For the engi ship mission, you have to let the first two rebel ships(the ones you initially get coordinates to) surrender. Once you get the third coordinates, you need to destroy the final ship and go through the dialogue to receive the ship.

I'm not sure about the mantis one, but I think you have to capture their ship after communicating with them via mantis crewmember.

--[END SPOILERS]--

Is there any way to see the worlds more than just 1 link ahead?

You can sorta guess which worlds are going to be ahead by their colors; red is mantis/pirate/rebel, green is engi/civilian.
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:42 am

Spoil

Yeah, my mantis did some dance for the mantis thief guy, but I still ended up not getting the ship after blowing it up. I think I need to either just arbitrarily draw out the fight (unlikely) or try to physically engage the crew (which would then have the Thief captain guy). I'm hoping that instead of the normal "Weaken Ship ---> Surrender" thing it's "Weaken Person ---> Surrender."

Damn, I guess I need to read better next time for the Stealth Ship. Here's to hoping I get at least one homeworld next time, hahaha. I wonder where they spawn, if it can be anywhere, or it has to be in World 6 or 7 or whatever. I believe I've only met them in World 6 (2 before the end?), but I'm not sure.
kswill

Postby kswill » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:33 am

Looking for some verification that someone has unlocked the thief ship. I have about 30 playthroughs and have encountered the ship a few times and tried various things to gain the unlock. Im beginning to think it is not implemented correctly yet! Probably just some very specific way to unlock like teleporting on and battling melee, which I have not tried yet. Anyone figure it out?!?!?
TheAlpha31

Postby TheAlpha31 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 am

kswill wrote:Probably just some very specific way to unlock like teleporting on and battling melee, which I have not tried yet. Anyone figure it out?!?!?

During my last playthrough, I used the exclusive Mantis option, then boarded and killed everyone aboard the ship.
*spoiler*
I then had a option to use my teleporter to "send in reinforcments to search the ship for survivors", and found the captain with the funny name. I had an option to "put him out of his misery" or "listen to what he has to say," and chose to listen. He proceeded to give me the location of a "hidden stash" waypoint, so I went there and got a gun and some scrap.
Same runthrough, I got to the endgame and died. Went to the hanger, but didn't get the ship. :(
kswill

Postby kswill » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:41 am

Went to the hanger, but didn't get the ship

Wow must have been disapointing! Thats a lot closer than I have gotten. I will report back if I find out how to get it. Maybe you have to kill him, not listen to him? Would make more sense the way you did it I think but who knows...
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 am

I just did the same thing as TheAlpha did, like an idiot. Met the thief (Used the Mantis option to dance first). Teleport onboard, killed all the members.

You then have an option that requires a Teleporter to try to save survivors. You save the Thief himself, but he's wounded, and you can either spare or kill him. Sparing him leads you to his stash, which for me had a lot of scrap and a weapon. When you get to the stash, it says something along the lines of "You wonder what else his death took with him."

At this point I'm thinking you either need to put him out of his misery (the other option after the teleporter), or you need ANOTHER element on your ship, such as those med-nano bots the Engi ship starts with. With the note the game has when you find his stash, I'm thinking it's something like that. Hopefully next playthrough I'll find one of those from the shop.

For sake of elimination, I already had teleporter, cloak, and all races but the telepathic slug and the power-giving race (Zoltan?). I also had a Heal B. weapon, although I've never seen a weapon give blue options (only Drones, of which I had none, although I had the equipment slot). No Augments.

So, things I think are possible:

>Mantis Dance --> Kill all people, not blow up ship --> Teleport him on board --> Have healing nano-bots?
>Mantis Dance --> Kill all people, not blow up ship --> Teleport him on board --> have slug to read mind or something?
>Mantis Dance --> Kill all people, not blow up ship --> Teleport him on board --> Just kill him.

Also, I found the homeworld on World 5, I believe. I was also surprised as I found the Engi homeworld on World 3 (didn't find the event, though).
kswill

Postby kswill » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:33 am

Thanks Ten. At least we know what are options are now. Cant see it being any but those. I'll check back in if I can eliminate one or find the right combination

Also interested to know if Alpha tried to complete it using the Torus or Kestra. The Torus comes equipped with the nano healing so if he spared the pirate using the Torus we might be able to eliminate that one. Im assuming you were using the Kestra. If he did use the Torus (assuming he hadnt sold off nano healing) that pretty much leaves killing the captain outright.
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 am

I've been using the Federation Cruiser (The Osprey) almost exclusively. It starts with a Mantis, so I figured it was the most likely to work.

That's the other thing I haven't tried yet. I've had a Mantis every time I've encountered it. Don't know what (if any) options you have if you do not have a mantis on your ship.

I just got the Stealth ship (The Nesasio), so maybe I'll run into him without a mantis sometime while I try it out.
Luringen

Postby Luringen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Finally unlocked the stealth ship!

SPOILER/INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Have a engi onboard
2. Get to an Engi Homeworld
3. Find the event (helping the engis), use the blue option
4. Chase down both the objectives (only 1 is necessary as (i lost one of them, but got lucky), but you can't know which one gives you fake coordinates, so try to get both)
5. Go to the coordinates you get from the ship. One of them has a enemy that gives you the stealth ship when you bit it.