Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
Gorlom

Re: Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

Postby Gorlom » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:16 pm

ssarekcuf wrote:Oh dude unlocking all the ships is fantastic. All your mates on-board drop their pants and rip off their tops and just start doing it. HOURS OF IT! :lol:

I'm guessing someone doesn't have a beta key and instead of being constructive, envy shows its big ugly troll face.
ssarekcuf

Postby ssarekcuf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Gorlom wrote:
ssarekcuf wrote:Oh dude unlocking all the ships is fantastic. All your mates on-board drop their pants and rip off their tops and just start doing it. HOURS OF IT! :lol:

I'm guessing someone doesn't have a beta key and instead of being constructive, envy shows its big beautiful troll face.

Fixed it for ya. :mrgreen:
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:03 am

Hey guys. I haven't played in a loooong time (before any of the new ships were added). I saw this update and figured I should jump back in and try to unlock everything (including the alternate layouts). I almost immediately died when I opened up all air locks to my ship. Man that hurts now. Before you could almost outpace it with the Engi healing. I lost 3 crew members, haha.

Anyway, luckily I got a Zoltan homeworks (A Green sector) and immediately afterwards the Rock sector (A Red sector).

As everyone's said, just to confirm since the recent "Made Ships Easier To Get" update, that you don't need anything, as far as I could tell, for the Zoltan ship. In a random sector say you'll "Hear them out," then just choose the nice guy stuff at the quest marker.

But I also got the Rock Man Ship. Very lucky this quickly. There are no Blue options in the quest line, making me believe you don't need anything. I had Sensors 2, which gave me another event in the Rock Homeworlds (A Rock ship asked me for information, I chose the blue option from sensors, he joined me ship), but as far as I know did not affect this.

ROCK SHIP:

-Rock Homeworlds (Red)
-An area with no distress or anything -- did not have long range sensors
-Given three choices, take first ("I'll try or die trying" kind of lingo is the first option, which I chose)
-Quest marker added to map
-It's a star, and they fire at you. They immediately power up their drives to fly away.
-LET THEM GET AWAY. Your only goal is to get away too. If you're shooting, just shoot their weapons, not their engines. Just tank their hits and the solar flares like a man.
-Go to the next sector. There's a quest marker. You get the ship, and I believe they delay the Federation advance a bit. You also get "Rock Plating" augment which has a 15% chance to negate incoming damage. I'll upload the picture of the rock ship in a bit, if someone else doesn't get to it first.
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 am

Man, what a lucky run. I got the second Engi layout (which looks rad), and all 3 new ships. Anyway, this is the rock ship:

http://i.imgur.com/mMaH3.png

The achievements are:
>Have your crew kill an enemy burning crew member on their ship
>Kill an enemy with a Defense Drone using only missiles.