Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
Luringen

Re: Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

Postby Luringen » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:05 pm

TenLetters wrote:Loooooong guide

This should be it's own thread, and maybe stickied (with a huuuuuge spoiler warning ofc).
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Ok, finally managed to get the federation cruiser. Was using the engi circle ship on easy.
Was difficult but considering how much i messed up it's far from impossible.

I actually sent on a boarding party right before the enemy ship jumped away not once but 3 times in that play through... first time i lost my 2 mantis boarders in sector 7 near the beacon and I was about to restart then and there. as it was going kind of decent apart from that i continued.

Before the last stand I had 5 engis, 2 humans and either a slug or a zolton. During the fight with the big bad boss I jump my 2 humans on board, and try to distract and disable their med bay. 2 second later the left side breaks off and the ship jumps (quite a surprise for me since it looked like it still had half its health left I think). I notice that the guys are still in my list so I hope i get to keep them and jump to a repair node. And I notice i lost them.
I attack the ship again. it's going fairly well, but its slow so I jump 2 of my engis over. And the ship jumps again, with my guys still on board. (still in the list so I jump directly this time. but didn't help) I'm left with 3 guys to try to take on the last phase of the rebel mothership. None that has any specialization in anything. I try to hang on for dear life as i set my weapons on autofire and mash space button to stealth at the right time and direct my less then able crew to deal with the invaders...
Some how my drones and ionblasters manage to kill the mothership without me noticing what happened while i got very little hull health left and my crew is at 10% health and a few random hullbreaches and fires. Close call with major fuckups :P

The last sector was quite favorable (had a shop near my base although i had used all scraps so there was no point in visiting it) and a few repair places that didn't instantly turn into rebel nests. (got to use one after the mother ship attacked me the first time from 2 jumps away)

I had teleporter, stealth, and 6/8 in almost everything (might have had 8/8 drones). I used only 4 weaponslots though, the ion blasters you start with and a 2 shot laser of some kind.. 2 anti ship drones and a beam drone.
Last edited by Gorlom on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
VladePsyker

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:08 am

I was wondering

has anyone unlocked the Engi or mantis quest ships on Easy Mode ?

Occured to me all the times I've gone looking for the quest ships on easy mode I never got the quest but got it first time I went looking for it on Normal

coincidence ? or has no one unlocked the engi/mantis quest ship on easy ?
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

VladePsyker wrote:I was wondering

Occured to me all the times I've gone looking for the quest ships on easy mode I never got the quest but got it first time I went looking for it on Normal

I did everything on Easy. I'm dumb and will sacrifice fun to unlock everything, and then go on my search for fun. So I'd go on Easy with the Federation ship, try to find the world I needed, and if there were no more points just go to the hanger and try again.

So now I'm playing on Normal with the Stealth Ship currently.
VladePsyker

Postby VladePsyker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:23 am

TenLetters wrote:
VladePsyker wrote:I was wondering

I did everything on Easy. I'm dumb and will sacrifice fun to unlock everything, and then go on my search for fun. So I'd go on Easy with the Federation ship, try to find the world I needed, and if there were no more points just go to the hanger and try again.

So now I'm playing on Normal with the Stealth Ship currently.

good to know I honestly wasn't sure based off personal experence
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 am

P.S: Stealth ship is amazing. I'm about to enter the final sector and still don't have shields. Hope I find a store soon.
aviphysics

Postby aviphysics » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:08 pm

When you get a scan of a sector, can the Engi homeworld be one of the ones marked with a distress call or exclamation point or will it be one of the blank ones?

Also, same question regarding the pirate ship.
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Wow, I have no clue. I guess I never took note of that.
SavageCelery

Postby SavageCelery » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:15 am

Anyone got the slug ship yet?
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:52 am

I got close, you have to go to the slug's home nebula, run into a specific ship, damage it, and it will offer you a rare weapon or information, take the information and you'll get a quest marker for the shipyard where the ship is being constructed.

Once there you have two options:

Follow the ships into the nebula at a distance or some such

Charge ahead before they get too far away

I chose charge ahead, killed the slug ship, and the construction facility was 'lost in the nebula'.

Things that might effect getting this ship:
slug crewmate (haven't found any to try it with one yet)
long range sensors augment?
cloaking device