Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
ezryder

Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

Postby ezryder » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:42 pm

So I got the Engi Circle Cruiser by getting to the 5th sector.

The Stealth ship tool tip says it under construction near the Engi homeworld, but they will only give it to someone of their race. Been through a couple runs where I went through Engi homeworld sectors, but no stealth ship unlock.

The Mantis ship tool tip says it's owned by a pirate with a long funky name and that you have to "convince" him to help you. Ran through pirate and mantis space a couple times, even ran into a mantis pirate with a strange name (and a big ship) but no unlock there.

The Federation Cruiser tool tip says defeat the boss. Haven't technically managed to do that yet. :)

So anyone unlocked any of the three ships above? :)
crossbowman5

Re: Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

Postby crossbowman5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 am

SPOILER

The Engi stealth ship is acquired after getting a mission from them to chase down a rebel ship. I believe in my playthrough it gave you two mission markers, but only one was required. You can figure out the rest from there probably. I don't have the other two yet though either. :(

EDIT Make sure you have an engi crewmember or they just tell you off.
Last edited by crossbowman5 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezryder

Postby ezryder » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 am

SPOILER

I got that mission, and I went to the first one and the guy there said I picked the wrong ship to follow.

So I blew him up.

Then I went to the other quest location, he surrendered (I didn't blow him up) but the stealth ship didn't unlock.

That starts with a blue dialog option because of one of your Engi crew members, right?
crossbowman5

Postby crossbowman5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:12 am

SPOILER
Didn't with mine. You get another quest location later where you link up with the engi's and they reveal what the data is, then offer to deliver it to the federation out of gratitude. I actually got the second quest location after I died getting the data in the first one.
ezryder

Postby ezryder » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:06 am

SPOILER

Getting the Federation Cruiser will be next to impossible. :p

On EASY.

SPOILER

The rebel flag ship starts off as a missile boat (can launch 4 missiles at once). You beat it once, it warps away. Next time you catch it (don't wait til it gets near the federation base), it's a drone carrier (it launches 4 or 5 drones at once). I didn't survive the drones, so not sure what the flag ship is like the third time you have to beat it (I blew it up/it jumped away just as I died).

I had the circle cruiser
Maxed out energy, healing nanobots & re-loader (15% reduction in weapon reloading) augments, 1 anti-ship drone I, 1 beam drone I, 2 ion blaster I, breach missile, 3 shield bubbles, 2 bars O2/Med, 3 bars of all subsystems, 7 bars of engines. my evade was around 44%. Would have been better if I hadn't lost my golden pilot. :|
crossbowman5

Postby crossbowman5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:26 am

SPOILERS
The third level has some sort of energy burst weapon (Sends out like 7 lasers at once) and absurdly powerful shields. I ended up using a memory scanner tool to give myself infinite scrap and health, and even then it was a struggle. Without cheating though, I personally found that I liked the kestral the best until I got the cruiser. I still haven't gotten the thief's ship yet. I encountered the thief, my mantis crewman gave me an option to communicate with him, but then he attacked me and I had to blow him up. No surrender option or anything, maybe I blew him up too fast. (He only had 2 shield points and I had gotten really lucky that playthrough, ending up with quite a powerful ship).
SPOILERS Album of ships I've unlocked so far SPOILERS
Able_Baker

Postby Able_Baker » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 am

ive gotten the Federation Cruiser. while is difficult ill agree, it is certanly not impossible

ezryder wrote:SPOILER

I had the circle cruiser
Maxed out energy, healing nanobots & re-loader (15% reduction in weapon reloading) augments, 1 anti-ship drone I, 1 beam drone I, 2 ion blaster I, breach missile, 3 shield bubbles, 2 bars O2/Med, 3 bars of all subsystems, 7 bars of engines. my evade was around 44%. Would have been better if I hadn't lost my golden pilot. :|

I had mostly the same tactic i used a blaster laser III (5 shots are amazing) in replace of breach missile only put 4 in engine and opted for an extra Defense drone II, full crew ect.

The trick is getting alot of damage and taking him down quickly, the longer the fight goes the worse it is for you.

This was on easy of course.
ezryder

Postby ezryder » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Able_Baker wrote:I had mostly the same tactic i used a blaster laser III (5 shots are amazing) in replace of breach missile only put 4 in engine and opted for an extra Defense drone II, full crew ect.

The trick is getting a lot of damage and taking him down quickly, the longer the fight goes the worse it is for you.

This was on easy of course.

I've never come across a mark III weapon I could afford. Best I seem to be able to get in a good run is a heavy laser II or a blaster II.

You said you opted for "an extra Defense drone II", so did you have just 2 defense drones, or an anti-ship drone and a defense drone?

Oh and...
crossbowman5 wrote:I ended up using a memory scanner tool to give myself infinite scrap and health, and even then it was a struggle. Without cheating though, I personally found that I liked the kestral the best until I got the cruiser.

Really? But you cheated to get the cruiser? :?
AJTilley

Postby AJTilley » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm

I have picked up several mark III weapons from random guns floating in space. I have only played in normal and so the more restrictive scrap and items means i have never had the funds to buy enoyugh power to run them.

Might give easy a try tonight to see how much better resources appear in that.
crossbowman5

Postby crossbowman5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 pm

ezryder wrote:~snip~

Heh. I should probably clarify that a bit. The Kestral, being one of the only two ships I have that has 4 weapons slots (Cant speak for the mantis cruiser yet), has a rather high damage potential right out of the gate. I don't really like the layout of the federation cruiser either, everything is too spread out. You can't deal with boarders, fires, and the like as quickly as you can with the smaller ships. My best run (qualified by me getting the most improved ship without hax) was in a kestral that I saved up and bought a cloaking device for. I had 3 shield bars, a 15 second (minus weapon firing) cloak that I hit whenever I saw missiles, and I think 2 pulse lasers (The level 2 you start with and an additional level 1), a hull laser 1, ad of course my trusty missile launcher. THAT was a good round :)