What The Actual F*CK were you thinking?

General discussion about the game.
nKe

Re: What The Actual F*CK were you thinking?

Postby nKe » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 am

Heh, I lost the fight against flagship with maxed out ship + easy mode because I forgot to move my troops to teleporter and then enemy assaultdrone jumps and makes a hole on teleporter so the rocketpad fucks up my ship :C
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:18 am

Couldnt you have taken out the launcher with your weapons?
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 am

Hi Topic Creator,

Not mean to offense or insult you, but if you think the final boss is strong. Mean your skill is weak.
Tons of player killing the final boss daily for sport. Why don't you seek advice from veteran player?

Just plainly see some screenshot, you should already get some ideas about the equipment to beat boss.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541 ... 98F6EB8B5/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54293 ... A7EA82D70/

Happy learning :D. May you beat NORMAL game without modding the game and become 1 of the brotherhood.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 am

I hope OP will meet an Auto-Assault with 5 shields bubbles, insane evasion, synchronized firepower AND drones.
Boss isn't the hardest of them all, simply because it's always same. Once you figure it out, you can kill it anytime.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Sammi79

Postby Sammi79 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 pm

I have 40hrs on steam so far, and I have got to the rebel Flagship twice. The first time I died very quickly, The second time I easily beat phase 1, and got it to about half hull on phase 2. I had been neglecting engines, as my weaponry (Heavy laser III, Ion blast III, Heavy laser II) collectively took 8 power, and there was not much left for other stuff. Had 4 shields, and evade chance was up at about 40% more engine and probably half of all incoming fire can be avoided, drones or no.

A cloak would pretty much make that build invulnerable I think. I had defeated several auto scouts with 5 shields, as the rapid fire Ion blast starts to stack its effects on shields after a few shots. My formula was, lasers on weapons, ion blast target on pilot. with 4 shields and a defence drone 1 I found I could set my firing orders as above and leave it until I won, everytime against everything, except for the Boss phase II. As soon as the ion blast scores a direct hit on the pilot, their evade is zeroed, and all my lasers (5x heavy!) would find their mark, the first full volley to hit normally caused 3-4 fires/breaches and marked the end of any enemy. I never even bothered targeting shield rooms. I think if I added more engines and a cloak, phase II would be very easy.

Playing on normal of course, with the Vortex Engi ship layout. Playing only on normal (I can't help it I just can't select easy) it will be a while before I unlock the fed cruiser obviously. So far I've unlocked Engi ship both layouts, and the stealth ship. I can't seem to really get a good run with the Kestral or Stealth, but both the Engi ship layouts make for a relatively easy run. I suggest maybe try them? Thus far I haven't managed to collect enough crew to make boarding operations feasible, but that approach might also be a very effective strategic addition against the Flagship.

You just need a lucky run to get a good combination of weapons/augmentations etc. Because of the RNG, this sometimes doesn't happen for several (10+) games, other times it happens every other game. Rogue was worse in this respect, the lucky run would be averaged to about 1 in 50. You could play it for weeks and not get past lvl 5.

I still play it today, that old original Rogue.

Regards, Sam.
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 am

HamTheBacon wrote:Yea this is a rant about the final boss, this game is fun, i will give it that, but its so retardedly made and just a chore to play.

-Has 4 guns, a triple missle, a triple ion blast, a triple lazer and a hull lazer that has a long reach.
-You have to fight him 2+ times with the SAME AMMO AND HEALTH THROUGH ALL FIGHTS.
-he has 10+ drones that assrape you with no way of defending yourself or shutting them down.
-it auto repairs after you beat it the first time (what the actual fuck is that?)

I dont understand your stupid logic, you go up against a ship that has max of everything, here is how it went for me. I started with the blast lazer 2, a hull lazer, and a hermes missle, got me through the game with minimal damage (i even have a let's play on youtube of this shit) without the drones i managed to destroy its shields and the triple missle weapon, set both on fire and blew holes in the rooms of 2 of its weapons, should be completely and forever busted right? nope cuz as soon as i killed the first half and he ran away like a scared little girl i ran after it, and what happened? IT FULLY FUCKING HEALED ALL ITS WEAPONS FROM THE PREVIOUS DAMAGE AND SHIT I DID? WHAT THE FUCK. And to make matters worse, it loses the 10 second cloak for 12 drones? what the hell? on my screen at one time i had 12 drones, 10 attack drones shooting lazers at me, a boarder drone and an anti missle drop, on top of that it got its lvl 4 shields back? with the burst lazer and the hull lazer i cant get through the shields and the fucking anti missle drone it had took away any chance of me winning.

So what the fuck is that? you make the game easy but the final boss near unbeatable? 1% of the population that owns this game has actually beaten the boss, why the fuck did you make it so hard? i dont even want to play anymore and 6 of my friends who wanted to buy the game and 3 who already bought it dont want to play it anymore simply because they wanted my amazing ship with maxed weapons and shields and engine for evasion get owned by this simply over powered piece of shit, its stupid and needs to be fixed.

If you thought those phases were hard, wait until phase 3! 4 Shields with a Zoltan Shield, A 12 shot laser or Zoltan Shield Heal Surge Weapon, AND THEY START TELEPORTING THE CREW OVER! But you have to think about it, any old game that came with a boss and phases, the boss always healed.
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Sovereighn2280 wrote:If you thought those phases were hard, wait until phase 3! 4 Shields with a Zoltan Shield, A 12 shot laser or Zoltan Shield Heal Surge Weapon, AND THEY START TELEPORTING THE CREW OVER! But you have to think about it, any old game that came with a boss and phases, the boss always healed.

Lvl 1 cloak is sufficient to dodge Phase 3 surge.
Phase 2 surge can, in theory, be survived by maxed out shield and high engine (and a defense drone to shoot down incoming boarding drone).
THEBANDIT240

Postby THEBANDIT240 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:40 am

I do not think the boss is too hard or too easy but just right. Although i do dislike how it cheats and goes against what you learn throughout the game. I think it would be better if the boss didnt keep regenerating health instead only had a certain amount of health and it would jump away when it gets too low. Also it would be better if the AI for the boss was harder s it targets your weapons and shields like a player
I love FTL
Try out this awesome mod Infinte Space! -
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=23012#p23012
0evil_overlord0

Postby 0evil_overlord0 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:52 pm

UberFubarius wrote:
Sovereighn2280 wrote:If you thought those phases were hard, wait until phase 3! 4 Shields with a Zoltan Shield, A 12 shot laser or Zoltan Shield Heal Surge Weapon, AND THEY START TELEPORTING THE CREW OVER! But you have to think about it, any old game that came with a boss and phases, the boss always healed.

Lvl 1 cloak is sufficient to dodge Phase 3 surge.
Phase 2 surge can, in theory, be survived by maxed out shield and high engine (and a defense drone to shoot down incoming boarding drone).

The drone swarm has a random composition, so it is possible- the first time I reached the boss, It had only beam drones during the power surge.
More Dakka

Postby More Dakka » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:36 pm

UberFubarius wrote:Phase 2 surge can, in theory, be survived by maxed out shield and high engine (and a defense drone to shoot down incoming boarding drone).

*frown* Doesn't the boarding drone simply teleport/breach in, bypassing any defense drones you may have? IIRC, that it does so is explicitly mentioned in the drone's description -- and since you also can't suffocate them and they'll just keep coming and breaching (maybe in very inconvenient areas like the helm...), you pretty much need to KO the drone control ASAP.