Beta News

General discussion about the game.
Warbird

Re: Beta News

Postby Warbird » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Vonh wrote:I have a small question for the dev team, Are their any objections to having the beta shown on Youtube? Or will it be under an NDA type of release. Would love to do some videos of this, one it's great for the people who don't have access to see the game in action and also it's a great way to get a little more public awareness going.

Second this. I'm thinking of trying my hand at a Let's Play.

Also, how is are you handling distribution of keys? I don't recall giving kickstarter my Steam information. Are you just going to mail a code to everyone that made the proper donation level?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 pm

I attempted to send out messages to our backers via Kickstarter, but the $25 tier had too many backers and it bugged out their system. The only relevant info is that we will be emailing you the Steam keys from our devteam email account (devteam@ftlgame), so make sure that it's on your white list for receiving emails. There will be more information with that email :)

-Matt
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
soratidus999

Postby soratidus999 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Thanks for your hard work guys

Im sure we're all really thankful for the beta
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Wonderful news!

Here is hoping for a smooth beta launch. Though, otherwise, we'll be sure to let you all know about it.
Jongo

Postby Jongo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:55 pm

How big is the beta going to be btw?
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Did a copy/ paste onto Kickstarter. May want to say something official though.
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Snake Plissken wrote:Did a copy/ paste onto Kickstarter. May want to say something official though.

I put something on the game's Facebook page, if they put something on the homepage we'll be covered.

But really devs, is there going to be a NDA on this thing? I'm serious about wanting to do that let's play.
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Warbird wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:Did a copy/ paste onto Kickstarter. May want to say something official though.

I put something on the game's Facebook page, if they put something on the homepage we'll be covered.

But really devs, is there going to be a NDA on this thing? I'm serious about wanting to do that let's play.

Good question. I would lean more toward "No". With the onlive demo we already know just about everything there is to know. I would think that good word of mouth would be more important at this point.
Niknaktom

Postby Niknaktom » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Also how will they get the beta out to us. I know its over steam but you dont have our steam names.
Only fools go, where angels fear to tread
killercow

Postby killercow » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Niknaktom wrote:Also how will they get the beta out to us. I know its over steam but you dont have our steam names.

You'll get a steam key that you can enter on steam

Warbird wrote:

http://www.ftlgame.com/betaoverview.html "Feel free to record videos of the Beta and show it off to people!"