Don't you think this is kinda.......silly?

General discussion about the game.
thelovebat

Re: Don't you think this is kinda.......silly?

Postby thelovebat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 am

SushaBrancaleone wrote:
EdenNov wrote:I think some of you (or maybe I) misunderstood. In the last stand you are not alone, the federation is doing what it can to prevent the rebels from taking over all the beacons, like in other sectors. In the last stand, you are deep within the rebels' fleet but there are still some shops and repair stations and whatnot.
The thing that bugs me is the excuse for only getting 1 fuel from elite fighters. I don't care that the cruisers are coming, I'll kill them too, just give me some scrap!

what he said

This.
Cactuschef

Postby Cactuschef » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 pm

thelovebat wrote:
SushaBrancaleone wrote:
EdenNov wrote:I think some of you (or maybe I) misunderstood. In the last stand you are not alone, the federation is doing what it can to prevent the rebels from taking over all the beacons, like in other sectors. In the last stand, you are deep within the rebels' fleet but there are still some shops and repair stations and whatnot.
The thing that bugs me is the excuse for only getting 1 fuel from elite fighters. I don't care that the cruisers are coming, I'll kill them too, just give me some scrap!

what he said

This.

it's a gameplay element. if you got rewards for fighting the rebels you'd no longer be 'on the run' from them, and you could take your time and just farm the front of the approaching fleet.
timdenee

Postby timdenee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:53 am

You start off with a damn fine ship (which ever model you choose) because you have a load more hull than any other ship you come across. By the time you get to the final sector, your ship should be a murder machine capable of destroying the best rebel ships you come across. It's entirely plausible to me that your ship is the best single ship that the Federation can throw at the rebel flagship.
More Dakka

Postby More Dakka » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:10 am

Cactuschef wrote:it's a gameplay element. if you got rewards for fighting the rebels you'd no longer be 'on the run' from them, and you could take your time and just farm the front of the approaching fleet.

Only for a somewhat limited time, because you'd lose when that "jumps until in range" counter hits zero.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 am

More Dakka wrote:
Cactuschef wrote:it's a gameplay element. if you got rewards for fighting the rebels you'd no longer be 'on the run' from them, and you could take your time and just farm the front of the approaching fleet.

Only for a somewhat limited time, because you'd lose when that "jumps until in range" counter hits zero.

I believe he was referring to the rebel ships that attack you if you stay too long in any particular sector, which don't have the gameover timer.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 pm

timdenee wrote:You start off with a damn fine ship (which ever model you choose) because you have a load more hull than any other ship you come across. By the time you get to the final sector, your ship should be a murder machine capable of destroying the best rebel ships you come across. It's entirely plausible to me that your ship is the best single ship that the Federation can throw at the rebel flagship.

What bugged me was that the story doesn't set it up that way. Yes the ship is more powerfull than the enemies you encounter and with upgrades becomes so strong that it really is the best hope of defeating the Mothership. But when the game begins you are told to run from the Rebels and expect a desperate struggle to reach the Feds.

The change in the story from "Scout running from the Rebel fleet with vital info" to "Rebels worst nightmare and hero of the Federation" is very sudden. I guess it was done that way to surprise the player first time they get to The Last Stand. Just wish the wording was a bit better.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.