Maybe not a bug, but shouldn't really happen

General discussion about the game.
UltraMantis

Re: Maybe not a bug, but shouldn't really happen

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:25 pm

magicwalker wrote:Stop running out of fuel.

Yep, pretty much. Fuel is important and cheap enough, it should not be neglected. Buy a few units more than you think you'll need. Only stop buying fuel when nearing the end.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Kenshkrix

Postby Kenshkrix » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:39 am

My usual method of acquiring vast amounts of fuel is to accept sector 1 surrenders (that offer 5+ fuel and 10+ scrap) and buy out every store I find in the first 2 sectors. I usually have about 30 fuel when I enter sector 3, if not then I buy all the fuel I find there too.

I'd really enjoy a "Ramming" feature, where you take twice as much hull damage as the enemy, allowing you to just smash your way past those pesky auto-drones.
Here's hoping they make an FTL2 and include ramming, so that pacifism runs always end up in fiery crashes, even when you win.
Néocray

Postby Néocray » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 am

Well, I agree forcefully, because I use to buy all the fuel I can. But usually, I find at least two stores before ending sector 2. Not only one.
It is for sure some kind of bad luck, but even if you don't check carefully your fuel supply, as Kenshkrix said, it should be possible to exit such dead end beacons.
I like pretty much the "ramming" idea. Why the crew, at the end, annoyed to be unable to shot down such a ridiculous drone, wouldn't decide to crush it against the hull?

Anyway, I restarted my game, only to be shot down in sector 3, with a crystal crew member aboard and the rock homeworlds seemingly insight, because my gunner wasn't able to effectively hit 1 shot by 10... But it's an other story of bad luck.