Mantis B against fleeing ship??

General discussion about the game.
Arthur Dent

Re: Mantis B against fleeing ship??

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Depends of the opponent's ship and crew.

But in sector 1, if the opponent doesn't have a medbay or a clonebay, I wouldn't bother about the engines - go for the crew instead. If there are only 2-3 of them and they are no Mantises or Rocks or anti-personnel drones, 2 Mantises should be able to handle them. If there are more, an additional boarding drone may help.

Also, as soon as there are only 2 crew left, they will usually come to wherever you are to attack you - IOW, the pilot room will be emptied, unless you have boarded in this room. So it's better to board somewhere else.

I can't give you a general rule for all instances. It's a matter of experience really.
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:53 pm

With two boarders? No, you'll spend way too much time beating their defending crewmembers. If you can't support the ground crew with the ship's weapons, you don't really stand a chance. But at least if you have a fast teleporter, you should be safe putting them onto the enemy ship and giving it a shot. Just pull them back when it says jump imminent. Don't be afraid to let it go. Any ship which makes heavy use of the crew teleporter gets a lot more scrap per battle; but you have to know when to fold and let someone go. Losing your crew often means game over.

With a strong 4-crew boarding party, you can usually tear down any ship before it flees. But you have to be even more careful: losing all four boarding party members can really deal a crippling blow.
sonalford

Postby sonalford » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:47 am

If there are only two crew members left, they will normally attack you wherever you are - I.e., the pilot room will be emptied unless you boarded in this room. As a result, it is preferable to board somewhere else.