Nobody told me I will have to fight

General discussion about the game.
embair

Nobody told me I will have to fight

Postby embair » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Did my pacifism run achievement today and figured I'll try how far can I take it. Well. This was an awkward situation:

http://i.imgur.com/MDwxW.jpg
boa13

Re: Nobody told me I will have to fight

Postby boa13 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 pm

:lol:

First time I reached the boss, I could not get past his shield. We just stared at each other. :mrgreen:
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

How did you get that far? And why? The Pacifism run is unlocked when reaching sector 5 iirc. After that you need to start fighting.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 am

Ram the mothership and save the federation!
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 pm

xdiesp wrote:Ram the mothership and save the federation!

Matthew! If you're reading this, PUT THIS IN THE GAME!
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Wow you dont even have shields!
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:11 am

I just attempted this. I used the stealth ship to get all the way to Sector 8 and meet the boss.
Its important to use your Long range sensors to their fullest advantage. I had to restart only about 5 times before I got to sector 8. I also got 4 achievements doing this run.

1. Pacifism: Get to sector 5 without shooting/boarding anyone
2. Get to sector 8 without using missiles/bombs
3. Get to sector 8 without using drones
4. Stealth Ship: Tactical Approach. Get to Sector 8 without visiting an environmental danger.

At first, try to only hit nodes without the triangle marking possible ships. Those are usually battles, and if you get a choice to avoid fighting, you usually don't get any reward, so those are worthless. Most nodes with no markings can give you free scrap or weapons you can sell.

-Fuel is the number #1 priority. Hit every store and buy out their fuel. If you run out, you have to restart.
-Sell all weapons and drones for scrap and put it into cloak and engines
-Buy FTL charger. It increases FTL recharge rate by 25%. When you upgrade the engines to max, you can skip most mandatory fights. Do a lvl 3 cloak, the FTL will be charged by the time the cloak is finished. You will be warped away before they fire a single shot. The only exceptions are beam drones. They can get a free hit on you in the half second between your cloak ending and the ftl animation finishing.
Last edited by GoldenShadowGS on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old Uncle Midwinter

Postby Old Uncle Midwinter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:10 am

I would absolutely *LOVE* a non-violent solution to the game, or if nothing else something like the old Moria trick of trapping the Balrong in a wall via teleport and having it particle_physics itself to death. :lol: But more seriously, you have your orders. Ram that ship, in the name of love and peace! We'll be here enjoying popcorn from the sidelines, erp - CHEERING YOU ON!
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 am

Well, u kinda need weapons to beat the boss, but maybe there is a secret way to win when u don't have any of them, like trying to talk to them, and convince them to blow up their own ship?

Of course, they would have to do it 3 times, so it could take some persuading. :D

I am impressed that u managed to make it all the way to the boss without fighting or having shields. Nice.
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 am

A nonviolent finish would probably work if the player could find or collect something that either disabled or trapped the mothership. Give it a 50% (or higher) chance of working just to make sure it isnt guaranteed and the player still needs old fashioned firepower when it fails.

Get a ghost to lock it down ;) I'd like that posibility, so long as it wasnt 100% certain.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.