So I just beat the game on easy...

General discussion about the game.
StarWarsOZ

Re: So I just beat the game on easy...

Postby StarWarsOZ » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 am

Jephrey wrote:Viper, beating the game on easy isn't all that easy. There is definitely strategy to learn. You always get a lot of smoke-blowing on forums like these, like douchebag above. It's all poo-poo. They make small mods that they think are unimportant but actually skew the game severely, or they exaggerate just to be trolls. Enjoy the learning, is my opinion. The game has some great strategy to discover.

Yeah, strategy.
SPAM LASERS!

Very hard to get right. :D
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
Kenshkrix

Postby Kenshkrix » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 am

Jephrey wrote:Viper, beating the game on easy isn't all that easy. There is definitely strategy to learn. You always get a lot of smoke-blowing on forums like these, like douchebag above. It's all poo-poo. They make small mods that they think are unimportant but actually skew the game severely, or they exaggerate just to be trolls. Enjoy the learning, is my opinion. The game has some great strategy to discover.

Sometimes the RNG just loves you, and you beat the game on your second or third try, because you picked up 4 zoltans, a glaive beam, and a weapon pre-igniter before sector 5. This game's difficulty is literally hinged on luck.
It might seem implausible to you, but sometimes nothing bad happens, and you don't need any strategy.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:30 am

Strategy is not so much for winning a single game (which can indeed happen with a generous serving of luck), than for consistently achieving victory over many runs.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.