Ship with 5 SHIELDS????

General discussion about the game.
StarWarsOZ

Re: Ship with 5 SHIELDS????

Postby StarWarsOZ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:34 am

Derakon wrote:
StarWarsOZ wrote:
UltraMantis wrote:And you thought the Boss was the worst ship out there ;)

Haha, the worst ship i ran into was one that had 2 Mark II burst lasers and a Mark 3 burst laser as well.
They also somehow had enough power to have 4 shields and at least 50% evasion.

Screw u AI ships. :x

Try 2 Burst 2s, 2 Ion Bombs, and 2 Anti-Ship drones. Only level-3 shields (and who-knows-what for engines), but with an offense like that I didn't stand a chance anyway -- certainly not in the Fed Cruiser since I couldn't get a cloaking system.

The flagship has some gimmicks, but its offense is really pretty weak.

Well, I think u were really unluckly to get that, it would own u in like the first 2 shots.
Best Advice, RUN AWAY!
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
Derakon

Postby Derakon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 am

Yeah, no -- couldn't run. The ion bombs took out my shields and then the drones blasted my ship apart in short order. Despite my best efforts the FTL charger was only at about 60% when I died -- and I went into the fight with full hull, mind you.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:35 am

Tamren wrote:I ran into a mantis ship with a level 5 medbay once. I say level 5 because I did 4 Ion damage to the thing and it kept healing somehow...

Needless to say that boarding action wasn't successful.

That is impossible. All medbays are capped at 3. Weapons 10 and Shields 10 are possible on enemy ships in the last 2 sectors. This is just plain to see in the XML.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Ethaniel

Postby Ethaniel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:44 am

Then, how much power that auto-assault has? Let's assume 10 for shields (2x5), 2 for the drone, one weapon looks like a Halberd (3) and the other a Burst Mk2 (2, jumps to 4 if Mk3), let's give 4 to the engine for some evasion (Less? More?). A grand total of 21 or 23, depending on the Burst cannon. Ony the extra shield "looks" out of order, the rest seems possible, specially with no oxygen.
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:49 am

Ethaniel wrote:Then, how much power that auto-assault has? Let's assume 10 for shields (2x5), 2 for the drone, one weapon looks like a Halberd (3) and the other a Burst Mk2 (2, jumps to 4 if Mk3), let's give 4 to the engine for some evasion (Less? More?). A grand total of 21 or 23, depending on the Burst cannon. Ony the extra shield "looks" out of order, the rest seems possible, specially with no oxygen.

Yes, that sounds great, the weapon was only a burst Mk2, and I have no idea what the engine was, I couldn't even get through the shields. I was just surprised that it had 5 shields, because I didn't think that was possible.
Next time I will make sure I have missiles so i can actully do some damage. :D
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson