Easy mode ludicrously hard

General discussion about the game.
LeonLeon

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Ralzar wrote:Ok, how exactly did you loose 80% of your hull after the first jump on easy mode? I do not want to make assumptions, but it is really hard to not assume that you made some very poor decisions to wind up that damaged after one encounter.

Lots of missing shots from my ship, lots of shots landing on my hull & ship. I admit, that it happened only once during 3-4 hours of game play. But the very fact that it is possible to happen at all in easy mode shows that there is some problem with the game design & balance.
Last edited by LeonLeon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Hey, please all calm down.

Addicted, you last message is particularly insulting and borderline name-calling, please address the criticism and not attack the poster, however abrasive he or she may be. Worst case, just add the username to your ignore list.

Let me remind you all of forum rule #3: Just don't be a jerk!
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
popej

Postby popej » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Are you aware that you can press space to pause the game whenever you want? I'm not being sarcastic, it's just that it could be something that's easily missed.

By the time you're practiced you'll be pausing the game every few seconds to issue orders and account for enemy fire. If you're trying to play it without pausing at all you're going to get battered.
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm

LeonLeon wrote:I've given this game a chance of 3-4 hours on easy mode which was way too difficult, random and frustrating than it should. When my ship was almost entirely destroyed on a first turn, I gave up and uninstalled the game. Ludicrously not fun. I would definitely NOT recommend this game to those besides hardcore players and those who like to play games to become more stressed out.

How sad. I agree with everyone else. People like you who are dumbing down the games these days with your silly whining... "GAME'S TOO HARD BECAUSE OF BAD MECHANICS /UNINSTALLING

Also, you're complaining that because you're not used to the game yet and you lost your ship because of bad micromanaging the game design is bad? Oh god....
Last edited by Artamba on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm

popej wrote:Are you aware that you can press space to pause the game whenever you want? I'm not being sarcastic, it's just that it could be something that's easily missed.

Yes, I am. Thank you, anyway.
Mottikhan

Postby Mottikhan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 pm

What boa said. +1

As far as the game goes, I can see how someone could be frustrated at the very beginning. What the OP is probably looking for is a tutorial mode where you can learn the ropes.

A bit of unsolicited advice on gameplay though. Google it or read the forums before frustration has you fuming. You can find a lot of information here that can make your gaming experience fun. It's up to you and how you prefer to approach it.

TBH, easy mode is pretty easy and you should be able to beat the boss or complete an achievement 90% of the time. Just learn the controls and find a repair shop once in a while.

Have a beer, chill and reload the game. (I find a few whiskeys makes the game a bit more challenging, but pick your poison.) Let me say in advance, welcome back to the fold.
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:08 pm

My last question here is, whether devs are going to implement or fix the proper easy mode in this game or not?
Last edited by LeonLeon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:11 pm

You, sir, can not come to this forum after playing 3 hours of the game and rage quitting after you failed on EASY mode. I think next time you come complaining to the forums about your failures, you should first realise that you're new to the game and you do not know how it works (other than the bare basics) and that the reason you failed so horribly IS indeed because of your lack of skill, and not because of bad game design. Gosh.

And I'm sorry for coming of as insulting, but I myself am insulted that you would be so silly as to judge a game so harshly because of your lack of skill and knowledge.
zarakon

Postby zarakon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm

I can beat easy mode on pretty much every attempt, as long as I don't get completely screwed over.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:15 pm

LeonLeon wrote:What is sad is, that you prefer to dumb down this thread by trying to insult me instead of relating to the details of what actually occurred in the easy mode of this game.

But you did not provide any details! What weapons did the enemy have, what did he hit, what did you target?