Easy mode ludicrously hard

General discussion about the game.
LeonLeon

Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 am

I've given this game a chance of 3-4 hours on easy mode which was way too difficult, random and frustrating than it should. When my ship was almost entirely destroyed on a first turn, I gave up and uninstalled the game. Ludicrously not fun. I would definitely NOT recommend this game to those besides hardcore players and those who like to play games to become more stressed out.
Last edited by LeonLeon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
boa13

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby boa13 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 am

I only play normal mode, and I've reached the final boss. To each his own, I suppose. :|
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 am

The game is harder to learn that may first appear, but some people have no patience at all. Except to make a pointless post about a game already uninstalled and insult people who have fun playing FTL.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:29 am

I guess people like this are the reason most games are handholding linear experiences where nothing can go wrong.
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:43 am

My post is valid as it serves as a warning to people who enjoy a relaxing, easy mode experience in games. The "easy" mode in FTL is broken & non-existent, and the name of the so called "easy mode" is misleading. It's not meant for "yes" man of this board but for the potential buyers with the above mentioned preferences.

The game has definitely a potential but in order to be recommended, it has to be fixed first.
Last edited by LeonLeon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 am

I'm sorry, but you are just not smart enough if you think easy mode with the starting ships is hard. I never played any rogue game before, started on normal right away, immediatly reached S8 in the first two games and then won the third. I don't see how this game can be hard for anyone with a IQ Level above toaster.
I suggest some brain traing exercises and less television.
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:03 pm

jamotide wrote:I'm sorry, but you are just not smart enough if you think easy mode with the starting ships is hard. I never played any rogue game before, started on normal right away, immediatly reached S8 in the first two games and then won the third. I don't see how this game can be hard for anyone with a IQ Level above toaster.
I suggest some brain traing exercises and less television.

Thank you for your verbal abuse and your opinion about my brain. And now, leave this thread for good, pretty please.
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 pm

What happened exactly is that, on easy mode, in the first turn, the hull of my ship was torn down to about 10-15% and on the second turn the game was over. That happened after 3 hours of continuous game play, so I knew already how to play it.

The fact that such things can happen during easy mode indicates that it is broken and its title misleading. It requires a fix (removal or lowering difficulty) and not childish comments about my IQ. If they don't want to fix it, then it also all right, but potential buyers, who prefer a relaxing game play experience, should be warned about the existence issue without being subjected to wasting their money, time and getting stressed.

I am not saying that the game is bad. I am saying that the easy mode is totally broken.
Last edited by LeonLeon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah it was pretty harsh, but how do you nicely say someone is too stupid for a moderatly difficult game? Nothing about the difficulty needs to be fixed, it is already way too easy to win with the normal ships.
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:16 pm

jamotide wrote:Yeah it was pretty harsh, but how do you nicely say someone is too stupid for a moderatly difficult game? Nothing about the difficulty needs to be fixed, it is already way too easy to win with the normal ships.

I've given you a specific example and you conveniently ignored it. Instead, you prefer to continue your pointless ad hominem.
Last edited by LeonLeon on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.